Blyton Park onboard

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DaveWS

Blyton Park onboard

Post by DaveWS »

Hi all,

Lucky enough to get myself a '93 Rev 2 Turbo a few months ago. Lightly modded, nothing serious (fujitsubo exhaust, intake, teins) and needed a good amount of tlc. Have gotten through a few important servicing jobs with her but a lot of work still needed to bring her to the condition she deserves!

So anyway I'm doing a Ginetta competition this year called want2race, and stage 2 was yesterday at Blyton, but there happened to be a trackday available the day before, so fitted some yellowstuff's and had some cheeky practice in the 2!

This was my last run of the day so I went all out (poor thing): /watch?v=CRUCVUmuIbM (sorry can't post url's yet)

She generally ran OK, but was dropping to roughly half boost after a run of 3 or so hard laps. Any ideas? Handling wise though the car is an absolute joy, so well balanced! Coil-overs are very aged though (is it normal that they're so noisy around town) and I think the dampers may be on their last legs. Will replace at some point.
Chumbaside

Re: Blyton Park onboard

Post by Chumbaside »

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

I have a love-hate relationship with Blyton Park; it's where I killed my engine at the beginning of the year (ran lean and piston 2 ring land gave up!).

How did you find the Yellowstuffs? Sounds like you could do with some sticky tyres too :lol:

Boost drop - were you seeing that on a gauge?

-Mark
DaveWS

Post by DaveWS »

Ouch, sorry about the engine! :(

Yellowstuffs were good, definitely a big step up from oem pads, but I still had brake fade when I went really hard for several laps. I blame the old discs I'm still running though, they judder a lot and need replacement!

Tyres were quite good to be honest, had Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 on the rear and Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 2 on the fronts. I just put them through some abuse but they still don't look bad :P

Boost drop was something I was seeing on the gauge but could also feel.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Just a thought, but if your Teins are servicable, Tein UK can service them for you. I just booked mine in to be serviced (they've done 60K miles now).
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”