It's been a while!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

monkeymax

It's been a while!

Post by monkeymax »

Hi!
Well, some of you who know me from years gone by may have seen me lurking around a bit... I guess I could say I'm back! I still have the same Mk1 as I did ten years ago though she's looking very much the worse for wear. She's been my only car now for 6 or 7 years but I've been living in London for most of that, so hardly drove anywhere. I've been waiting to get a garage so I could do lots of work but that still hasn't happened, so I've decided to just try to get done what I can. I was debating getting rid of it completely and just getting a runabout but I can't bring myself to do it... May still get a runabout in the meantime though.

I've also been on the Mk2 section in the last week, as my sisters sonic shadow Mk2 is having a couple of issues I am trying to diagnose from 80 miles away...

Nice to see lots of familiar names still about! :thumleft:
pistol pete

Re: It's been a while!

Post by pistol pete »

Hi buddy..
Same ol faces still lurking!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Evening Max! :salut:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Draven

Post by Draven »

Welcome back dude :)
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Thanks both! Been catching up on your threads Ben. Shame you sold the SE, but can also understand why.
Really feeling like I need to catch up in person with some of you all again! :)
Ben

Post by Ben »

Cheers Max. Yeah it wasn't an easy decision really, but given what I wanted to do it just wasn't the right car (and not really fair on it either!). I've had the Impreza and the Westfield for a couple of years now and they both suit me very well, so I'm pretty settled with them (for now, at least! :lol: )

Catch up sounds good - where abouts are you now? Still in London, or is your profile location correct?
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Hi Ben,
Sorry - I missed this! I should remember to subscribe to threads I start as I'm not on here as much as I once was!
I moved from London 6 months ago. The location in my profile is correct. We've all left Berks actually now. Both your cars look lovely - I think I should come visit you rather than the other way around! :)

Max
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Hey Max! Hope you're good mate :thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Charged wrote:Hey Max! Hope you're good mate :thumleft:

Hi Ollie!
All good thanks! :thumleft: Still insured with Sky after all these years! :)
The GT86 looks lush - wish I had the money for one!
And of course, congrats on the engagement!
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome back dude :thumleft:
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Thanks Craig!

I'm having a real dilemma. I could do with a runaround while my Mk1 is off the road (i.e. until I've raised some fundage to fix it) and for winter. Parking a second car here is going to be a small problem but I can probably deal with that for a while (I hope!). That's not the dilemma. What is, is that I've been offered a good condition, fully loaded diesel Pug 407 for shed money. Sensible person would jump at it. Yet I keep looking at cheap Mk3 MR2s on the Bay of E. These damn things really do get under your blood...!

Return to “Member Profiles”