BC Racing Coilovers Type BR

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SuperRedMR2

BC Racing Coilovers Type BR

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Hi All,

The adjuster on one of my rear shocks has snapped off and having already had to replace a front shock recently, coupled with building a new engine, I've been trying to find costs for the BC Racing Coilovers.

I can purchase the Koni shocks for £375 but I was looking at different springs too, so that would probably take the overall cost up to around £550 so BC are not miles away in terms of costs.

Has anyone on here got the 5kg/8kg setup and what do they think of it? Are BC loads better than Koni?

Cheers for any feedback.
gon

Re: BC Racing Coilovers Type BR

Post by gon »

BC are loads better than Koni for track.
Probably a bit harsher for roads .....

I have the BC with their default spring setup and they are brilliant on track but when dialled down to "soft" still OK on normal roads
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Search on Facebook for tengu drift. Get him to quote you for the aw11, I just bought a set for my Camry for 599 delivered
Chumbaside

Post by Chumbaside »

A second vote for Tengu Drift. I just bough the inverted setup for my MK2 and he was way cheaper than anywhere else!

-Mark
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Got mine for my Mk2 from Balance Motorsport. Very good price and quick delivery etc.
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

I've got a set of bc's for my mk1 v6 they are definitely firm but my car is only a weekend toy so it spends most of its time on country lane blasts i don't think I could live with them if my car was a daily driver
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Its not a mk1 but i have bcs in my celica .. its my daily and have no problem with them
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

I have found that balance Motorsport are the cheapest so far at £684

I'll search on Facebook :)
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

I got mine from mr2ben I'm pretty sure I paid a bit more than that. Just noticed your location you're not that far from me if you want to try a set out you're welcome to pop over and have a go on my car
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:I have found that balance Motorsport are the cheapest so far at £684

I'll search on Facebook :)

About what I paid. Spoke to the chap on the phone, seems like a decent guy.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Been in touch with the guy on Facebook - good call £599 delivered ;)
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Angpozzuto wrote:I got mine from mr2ben I'm pretty sure I paid a bit more than that. Just noticed your location you're not that far from me if you want to try a set out you're welcome to pop over and have a go on my car

That'd be great mate if that's possible? On honeymoon at moment not back till 22nd then off to Middlesbrough on the 27th - but depending when your about could see you on way home from up north...
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:
Angpozzuto wrote:I got mine from mr2ben I'm pretty sure I paid a bit more than that. Just noticed your location you're not that far from me if you want to try a set out you're welcome to pop over and have a go on my car

That'd be great mate if that's possible? On honeymoon at moment not back till 22nd then off to Middlesbrough on the 27th - but depending when your about could see you on way home from up north...

No worries mate drop me a pm a day or two beforehand I should be able to fit you into my busy schedule :^o
bwrc

Post by bwrc »

Don't know whether this is of interest but Matrix garage do bc coilover kits but of more interest they are also developing a custom kit particularly for the AW11 matched stroke front to back and in long or short configuration.

Go to http://www.matrixgarage.com/store/suspension and send an enquiry about their Daiyama coilovers This has been discussed on International MR2 owners club in some detail.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Thanks for the tip but I've looked at many things on yoshi's (matrix garage) site and the postage kills it every time.

I'm going to have tengu drift sort me out ;)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”