[Mk2] [Turbo] Aftermarket intercoolers

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

manuelk1

[Mk2] [Turbo] Aftermarket intercoolers

Post by manuelk1 »

Hi Guys, advise needed on aftermarket intercoolers. Been looking at eBay ones and for the price they look pretty good. What's everyone's views/experience on them? I will be fitting a fan shroud as well.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Aftermarket intercoolers

Post by Martin F »

I used to get annoyed when people wouldn't answer the question and just say 'use the search function' but in all seriousness this question has been asked so many times my head hurts...

The ebay kit is cheap as chips, may need some modifications ie. better clips but will work and be better than the standard intercooler core allowing you to safely raise the boost a bit.

You could probably get away with staying standard tbh as both will heatsoak if given some hard driving and both are inefficient due to size and location, for the money they are a bargain though compared to the greddy cores etc. :thumleft:
C35Rob

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Aftermarket intercoolers

Post by C35Rob »

as long as you accept that you're just buying an intercooler core and some/most or all of the rest of the pipes, hose joiners and clips are fit for the bin then you'll not be disappointed. :thumleft:
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob

Return to “Modifications”