[FINALIZED] 1996 Rev 3 turbo, white, loads of mods!

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

C35Rob

1996 Rev 3 turbo, white, loads of mods!

Post by C35Rob »

I’ve seen another car that I want, so I’m advertising my car for sale

I’ve owned the car from December 2013 and I am its first UK owner. It is a June 1996 car so the very last of the Revision 3’s. It was imported into the UK on 92550 kms (57,000 miles) where it was converted to MPH and the odometer now sits on 95500 – so has only covered ~3000 miles in the UK, taking its actual mileage to 60,000.

The car is a 3rd car for me (and has been a 4th at some points!) and is strictly a toy, which is garaged all year round and only used on dry days, it has NOT been caked in underseal and is still white and fresh underneath.
Over the last 18 months the car has undergone a comprehensive refresh/upgrade and is, I believe, one of the cleanest, most well sorted MR2’s you will see.

Pretty much everything below has been done in my ownership and is basically brand new or covered very little miles

Basic spec list as follows:

Engine: original revision 3 engine with – K&N air filter on custom made silicone intake pipe, Owen developments T35-6471 Garrett turbocharger (hot side is a .63AR T31 housing with a Stage 3 64mm T3 turbine wheel, cold side is a GT3071 compressor wheel & housing) , braided stainless aeroquip oil feed (-4) and return lines (-12), PTP turbo blanket, ATS racing CT20-T3 adapter block, Tial F38 wastegate with 0.8 bar spring (will come with 0.5 bar spring too), custom made 3” stainless V band downpipe with titanium heat wrap, 38mm stainless steel screamer pipe with titanium heat wrap. The rest of the exhaust is a HKS Hi-power.

Sidemount intercooler with fan and shroud, Berk technology 1 piece cold pipe wrapped in DEI reflect-a-gold, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, braided fuel hoses with genuine Speedflow and EARL’S fittings, genuine Tomei Type ‘S’ fuel pressure regulator and gauge, Genuine SARD top feed fuel rail, Siemens DEKA 875cc injectors, triumph “fast acting” air intake sensor. Apexi Power FC ecu with commander AND hard wired FC Datalogit in glove box so you can map/datalog the car yourself.

AEM Uego wideband AFR gauge (also wired into Datalogit, obviously) Greddy Profec OLED boost controller, Greddy Multi D/A gauge which does – boost pressure, oil pressure and temperature, water temp, batt volts. It can also do fuel press and EGT if you buy the additional sensors.

The car made 330bhp @ 1.2 bar on the rollers at evotune, on a very conservative ignition map, I’m confident that with the W/M kit fitted and the ignition advanced it will do 350bhp comfortably
The engine is in perfect health, no knocks, rattles, perfect oil pressure etc. I have always used Fuchs Titan Pro Race S oil and quality oil filters (HKS and SARD)

The car also has an AEM water/meth kit fitted, currently in pre-turbo injection but can be configured to run pre-turbo, post-intercooler or both
Stock gearbox with upgraded shifter bush bearings and short shift kit, gearbox oil changed for Fuchs synthetic 2000 miles ago.

Suspension: brand new HSD monopro coilovers, all suspension arms have been blasted and powder coated in black, brand new ball joints all round, new NSR wheel bearing, full set of superpro poly bushings (rear ARB bushes not yet fitted but can be fitted for the new owner or included in the spares), Cusco front adjustable tension rods, powerflex black series steering rack mounting bushes, URAS rack spacers (for extra steering lock) , SONICBOOM camber & roll centre adjusters, Genuine TOM’S 3 piece brace set (f&r strut braces, front lower arm brace) powder coated in candy blue. SUPERNOW! Bump steer correction track rod ends. The suspension has recently been aligned professionally by AK Automotive in Rowlands gill.

Brakes: stock rev 3 sized discs and calipers all round, ENDLESS front discs, DIXCEL type M front pads. Stock rear discs, upgraded rear pads, APP stainless braided hoses all round.

Bodywork: superwhite 2 paintwork, Genuine TOM’S kit (front and rear bumpers, sideskirts0 and replica Bomex drift wing – the bodywork is in very good condition for a 20 year old car, it does have age related stonechips etc but polishes up very well and is very presentable. It has never been welded and does not remotely need any repairs now or in the distant future – this is not your usual MR2 that has been driven through UK winters and is rotten underneath. I suppose the only bit that lets it down is the bottom of the doors *just* touch the sideskirts in a couple of places and it’s rubbed the paint off, pretty much standard for every 2 I’ve ever seen with aftermarket skirts.

Interior: standard cloth GTS spec interior with the addition of – Bimarco Futura fixed back FIA approved bucket seat (still in date) GENUINE Takata 4 point ‘Drift 3’ road legal harness, Genuine Nardi Depp Corn 330mm steering wheel, Genuine TRD leather gear knob, leather trimmed centre console and gear gaiter. Aircon (pump has been removed but all lines etc remain so could be reinstated). Original Toyota 6CD in-dash changer and Toyota minidisc player – one speaker doesn’t work but I never turn the stereo on anyway.

Wheels: super rare 7.5x17 and 9x17 Desmond Wise Sports 3 piece split rims (I paid £1200 for these alone) with Falken ZE914 tyres that have loads of tread, they’ve only covered about 1500 miles themselves. ARP extended wheel studs on the front, Fensport extended wheel studs on the rear. I also Have a Pair of Achilles 123s trackday tyres (in 255/35/17) that are as yet unfitted but can go with the car.

The car has a brand new battery, a Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser (with installation cert) and comes with 2 key fobs. For the asking price it will come with all mr2 related spares I have – from memory that’s a couple of stock front bumpers, a bomex replica front bumper, the original driver’s seat and a few other odds and ends

The price is £7000, viewing is recommended, and I’ll happily take anyone out for a test drive in it, but unless you have proof of insurance and cash in your hand I’ll be doing the driving.

loads more pictures on my thread in members rides..
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Rob66

Re: [FINALIZED] 1996 Rev 3 turbo, white, loads of mods!

Post by Rob66 »

That's a great car, one of the pics shows my car next to you at Beaulieu, I can vouch for how good this car looks in the metal.

Shame your selling :(
Nails

Post by Nails »

I've seen this several times in the metal in robs garage. It is in really good nick as he says and worth the money as it's all pretty much refreshed.
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

damn that is one good looking sexy car. And I like the price :clap:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was None

Return to “MR2s for Sale”