[FINALIZED] Forged REV 5 Turbo - Astral Black

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2barGee

Forged REV 5 Turbo - Astral Black

Post by 2barGee »

I cannot believe I’m actually doing this but having a 6 month old baby and keeping 3 cars and a works vehicle just isn’t viable anymore.

I have owned this car for around 19 months (my 6th MR2). I bought the car from Rick on here as I wanted a MINT black REV5 and a nice low mileage example to convert to a tubby as I couldn’t find any turbos I was happy with. If any of you knows Rick....... he keeps his cars incredibly clean and well maintained to the point where I feel bad if I don’t wash it every week as a minimum!

Chassis has done 83,900 miles and is in great condition apart from a small bit of rust on the bottom of the door (common issue).

The forged engine and reconditioned CT20 (with steel shaft and exhaust wheel) have both covered 2,000 miles since the rebuild around 10 months ago. I didn’t see the point of building a brand new engine and putting an old turbo on it.

The forged engine was built up and fitted with 86mm CP’s on a thick cornered 97-98 NA engine. I wanted a bullet proof engine, so it had to be 86mm pistons as I didn’t want to take any chances!! I then fitted a brand new stock clutch along with a brand new alternator.

In the last 4 weeks I’ve fitted a brand new Berk Technology exhaust, a brand new Greddy Profec boost controller (the latest one) and a spec 3+ clutch…….this cost over £1,300 and that’s with without the fitting costs as well.

Nearly every part on this car has been changed for uprated parts and it’s never let me down or wanted for anything! It’s only ever driven on dry days and warmed and cooled correctly before boosting up.

Spec list!

Engine:
Forged thick cornered NA block running 86mm CP’s
Standard rev3 head
Standard rods
HKS kevlar timing belt

Engine Mods:
Apexi Induction kit
Mr2 ben stainless steel down pipe
Berk Technology dual exit exhaust – brand new fitted a month ago
Greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller (currently not even turned on as I’m still bedding the clutch in)
CT20 turbo refurbished by AET turbo now running steel shaft and exhaust wheel (good for 1.5bar if you ever wanted to go standalone ECU).
Custom charge cooler good for silly power – brand new fitted when the engine went in
AVT charge cooler pump – brand new fitted when the engine went in
New Walbro 255 lph fuel pump – brand new fitted when the engine went in
Dizzy cap and rotor arm last month
Spec +3 clutch fitted last month and brand new Toyota release bearing
Cusco rear strut brace

Exterior:

Crystal headlights
Crystal tinted side lights
Geddy side skirts
PP rear spats

Wheels and Brakes:
Wedssport 16inc alloys mega light and crazy rare
Running rainsport 3 tyres / 205 fronts 225 rears
Carbotechs pads front and rear
ATE Racing blue brake fluid 2015
Both front calipers have been refurbished two months ago

Suspension:
BC- coilovers bought brand new 2014 – covered around 3,000 miles
Front and rear polly bushed - fitted 2015
Corner weighted = 1250 kg with full tank of fuel
This car handles extremely well especially in the wet with the geo set up and tire combo.

Interior:
Recaro seats
Momo Steering Wheel
TRD Gear nob
Oil temp gauge

2x sets of keys and fobs
MOT Due April 2017

£6,750 and she’s yours.
No part ex.
PM me with any questions you might have.
Mileage will rise as I use the car on sunny days when I get chance between nappy changes and sleepless nights.
I will have probably missed a few bits and bobs so I’ll add them as I go.

:thumleft:

Last edited by 2barGee on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
androo007

Re: [FINALIZED] Forged REV 5 Turbo - Astral Black

Post by androo007 »

Oh.

If you'd only done this 4 months ago I'd snatch it....

Beautiful. Good luck.
Preey

Post by Preey »

PM Sent :D
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Is this a uk na with a turbo engine dropped in?
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Is this a uk na with a turbo engine dropped in?

That's correct mate :thumleft:
jjmacrae

Post by jjmacrae »

Hello,

This looks to be what I'm looking for. I like the list of things you have done with it and it seems to have been well looked after.

However, after looking at other offerings on the market at the moment, I am having a hard time justifying the price vs the competition to myself.

Would you be willing to move on the price at all? I would be happy to offer a flat £6000 and have the cash waiting, it would only be a question of when I can come over to see you.

Thanks,
Jon
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

jjmacrae wrote:Hello,

This looks to be what I'm looking for. I like the list of things you have done with it and it seems to have been well looked after.

However, after looking at other offerings on the market at the moment, I am having a hard time justifying the price vs the competition to myself.

Would you be willing to move on the price at all? I would be happy to offer a flat £6000 and have the cash waiting, it would only be a question of when I can come over to see you.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi Jon,

When you say other offerings on the market i assume you mean different cars and not MR2's? As there arnt any forged MR2's going for the price mine is up for i can see?

There is a bit of movement in the price but not £750 unless i started taking mods off the car.

The best thing is to PM me and come look at the car.

Thanks Dan
jjmacrae

Post by jjmacrae »

Hi Dan,

No - I'm comparing to other MR2 Turbos. Most are going in the £4-5k range for anything half-decent.

Another with forged engine I saw was this which sold for around £7,500:

(can't post links as I don't have enough posts, but it was advertised on this same forum by Madmattyturner)

But it had a lot more modifications to justify the price, like the ECU alone which is an extra grand, among many other things (not that I'd want a NOS setup myself).

I do like the look of yours, however I'm in Switzerland at the moment - so just popping over for a viewing isn't so easy and I'm not planning to do it unless we can get closer to my offer. Planning to be back in the UK from September, but could come back sooner.

I'm genuinely interested, but given the other MR2s for sale and sold earlier in the year, I think £6000 is right for this with the current mods, to take anything off would reduce my offer.

I'm not a time waster, my offer is solid.

Thanks,
Jon
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Gee Man wrote:

Nah, looks like he'd rather have a private conversation out in the forum :?
jjmacrae

Post by jjmacrae »

aussieGT wrote:
Gee Man wrote:

Nah, looks like he'd rather have a private conversation out in the forum :?

??

Most classifieds forums I'm a member of specify that you're supposed to put questions and offers in the thread rather than by the PM system - I didn't see any rules on this forum to indicate otherwise.

I looked at other threads on this forum before posting too and I see queries and offers in the main for sale threads rather than hidden.

I was also responding to the previous reply.

If a forum moderator disagrees, they are welcome to delete my posts...
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

jjmacrae wrote:

Most classifieds forums I'm a member of specify that you're supposed to put questions and offers in the thread rather than by the PM system - I didn't see any rules on this forum to indicate otherwise.

I looked at other threads on this forum before posting too and I see queries and offers in the main for sale threads rather than hidden.

I was also responding to the previous reply.

Maybe it's just me then - if I was trying to haggle with someone and knock their price down as part of negotiation i'd do it privately.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

jjmacrae wrote:Hi Dan,

No - I'm comparing to other MR2 Turbos. Most are going in the £4-5k range for anything half-decent.

Another with forged engine I saw was this which sold for around £7,500:

(can't post links as I don't have enough posts, but it was advertised on this same forum by Madmattyturner)

But it had a lot more modifications to justify the price, like the ECU alone which is an extra grand, among many other things (not that I'd want a NOS setup myself).

I do like the look of yours, however I'm in Switzerland at the moment - so just popping over for a viewing isn't so easy and I'm not planning to do it unless we can get closer to my offer. Planning to be back in the UK from September, but could come back sooner.

I'm genuinely interested, but given the other MR2s for sale and sold earlier in the year, I think £6000 is right for this with the current mods, to take anything off would reduce my offer.

I'm not a time waster, my offer is solid.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi Jon,

4-6k with a standard engine and standard turbo etc. That said car was un mapped and running 87mm pistons which imo wont last long as the blocks are thin enough / it might run fine at 2bar but who knows and for how long.

It might have sold for 4k for all we know. But enough of other vehicles i don't want to get into that.

I don't really like bartering without you actually seeing the car etc, and i have had lots of interest so far so i wont accept £6,000 as i'm not in any rush to sell.

I'm open to close offers though. Ideally offers over pm so it doesn't clutter the thread up too much.

Cheers Dan
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I can't believe it is still for sale!
jjmacrae

Post by jjmacrae »

OK, I'm in too much of a rush to buy but would like a new car by September ideally.

My offer will stay on the table until I find something else or possibly reconsider... only I've seen a nice example advertised for £4800 ono which is tempting me (on this forum - MATT-S). Not as nice as yours though.

I don't see many in the £5-6k range.

I'll take any further discussion about offers to PM at your request.
Preey

Post by Preey »

Ive seen and been out in the car last weekend it's as the advert says it's nice and clean drivers very well pulls like a train dan as got nothing to hide and he's a top man go down and see the car before you start kicking him in the nuts :D
the only reason i never bought it was my insurance & i have my heart set on a T bar (now got one lined up)
good luck with the sale dan
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

I think this is a really fair price, I'm considering selling mine at the minute and it certainly wouldn't be this cheap
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Agreed Rob, for such a well kept car this is very reasonably priced!
ashley

Post by ashley »

It really does depend on what someone is willing to pay doesn't it- if you can find someone to buy it at £7k, then it was worth it...

I was offered £20k for mine a while back, but to me it is worth more...but if I put up on here at that price I can just imagine the comments that would get posted...

This looks a lovely example for someone who plans to keep hold of it...if someone was planning to buy with a view to re-sale, then yeah- this probably isn't one they'd make their money back on in the short term.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Thank you for all the kind words and interest.

I've broken my ankle and it looks like I'm going to be off my feet for a while as I'm going to need a few operations.

With this in mind I won't be able to stand up let alone sell the car so its no longer for sale.

Cheers Dan
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was None

Return to “MR2s for Sale”