[Mk2] [Turbo] Chargecooler radiator while retaining aircon

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tiff_lee

[Mk2] [Turbo] Chargecooler radiator while retaining aircon

Post by tiff_lee »

Hi all,

looking to fit a ST205 chargecooler but need to purchase a radiator for up front.

Short of me removing my front bumper and taking some measurements I was wondering if anyone has fitted a chargedcooler rad while still retaining the aircon condenser?
androo007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Chargecooler radiator while retaining aircon

Post by androo007 »

I've just had the rogue chargecooler fitted and had the aircon rad removed - it fell to pieces anyway apparently.

Have you checked yours? Bet its in a million pieces.....
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Not in pieces but definitely taken some damage but then I have a brand new Denso one on route.

Removing aircon isn't really an option, well it is as i've done without it for the last 18 months but i'd rather keep the functionality given it gets to over 40 degs here in WA.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

ahh gotcha.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1427436

This thread should help you out. The only considoration is that you'll have 3 layers for the air to go through.... pre-rad.... aircon... then rad.
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Cheers for the link, I had browsed that thread and it seems alot of people ditch the condenser so my options will be even more limited. I wasn't sure if anyone on here had retained it and managed to fit a rad in front but if not looks like i'll have to whip the bumper off and take measurements.

Hopefully the cooling system can handle the additional rad in front but I guess ill find out come summer time sat in traffic on the freeway.... instead of using air con ill probably have the hot blowers on to reduce the coolant temp ><
jon

Post by jon »

I've fitted a Radtech charge cooler radiator and retained the Air-con.
BrianUK
Premium Member

:)

Post by BrianUK »

I too fitted a Radtech charge cooler radiator and retained the Air-con.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/330 ... .54.59.jpg
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

Ah excellent good to see it's achievable thanks for the picture. Does look pretty tight there shame the end tanks block out large chunks of the rads behind them.

Was that made to a custom size? I looked on the radtec website but only found a Focus RS charge cooler rad listed.
jon

Post by jon »

tiff_lee wrote:Was that made to a custom size? I looked on the radtec website but only found a Focus RS charge cooler rad listed.

Rogue sell the Radtech radiator, it's part of their chargecooler package but they will sell the radiator on it's own if you phone them up.
asdrewq

Post by asdrewq »

I fitted a Fiat Cinquecento radiator in front of my AC condenser. Fitment was fairly easy, no cutting of bumper parts required
tiff_lee

Post by tiff_lee »

I've now got my front bumper off and was just measuring up the clearance in front of the aircon condenser and noticed this what I presume is some kind of air temperature sensor?

Anyone know what this is for?

Was looking at relocating it in front if the chargecooler rad if need be as it will give me some extra clearance on the width.

Return to “Modifications”