[FINALIZED] [FOR SALE] MK2 Rev 3 Turbo

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

soozjr

[FOR SALE] MK2 Rev 3 Turbo

Post by soozjr »

Hey all,

I'm selling my MK2 Rev 3 Turbo.

It's listed on eBay and all the pertinent information is there, but I'd obviously prefer to 'keep it in the family' and sell to a forum member so I can sleep well knowing it'll be looked after!

Get in touch if you're curious, come and have a look and I can take you for a ride in it if you like!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172274605407
Nails

Re: [FINALIZED] [FOR SALE] MK2 Rev 3 Turbo

Post by Nails »

do you know if the 150,000 is a mix of km and miles and if so how much? Seems a bit overpriced tbh mate
japaneseskoda

Post by japaneseskoda »

Over priced? An MR2 Turbo is an absolutely magnificent piece of automobile engineering, plus they absolutely go like stink. They are also on the verge of becomi ng a true classic car. 3.5k for such a machine? Surely that is good value for money
Nortonski

Post by Nortonski »

Any photos of the engine bay?
soozjr

Post by soozjr »

Hey all!

Thanks for the replies, sorry for the delayed response, post notifications failed me :(

Anyways, first off the price... Nails: I understand that this isn't 'bottom dollar', for sure, that reflects a general reluctance to sell for less than the true value. Also, it reflects how awesome the car is to drive!! Honestly the best driving experience I've ever had.

The mileage is very likely a mix of miles and km. I'm not sure how much, I could make guesses, but they'd be wrong. The cambelt has been done (twice, for some reason?) and as far as I know that's the most 'mileage-critical' maintenance item.

Japanesekoda: thanks for the good review :) I'm 100% with you.

Nortonski (and anyone else interested): For photos of the engine bay, see here: https://goo.gl/photos/WpWEmRaQHW6Y1sFG8

Thanks for the interest all.
outrun

Post by outrun »

Looks alright, but we know how they drive and how quick they are, so that alone doesn't justify the higher than average price, imo.

You say all original, but where are the toblerones and what is with the weird front badge and side repeaters? Also, the paint looks a bit tired, but maybe that is the pics?

I wouldn't normally comment, but I am looking for a rev 3 turbo at the minute, and I do like this colour.

Good luck with the sale.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Nails wrote:do you know if the 150,000 is a mix of km and miles and if so how much? Seems a bit overpriced tbh mate

You are part of the reason as to why these cars never appreciate, or at least worth a representative value. We need to start following the mentality of the Cosworth crew.

Any 'enthusiast' who questions sensible values of these cars should be banned.

Mid engined reliable sports car from the golden era, at half the price of a crappy Citreon people carrier and people whinge about it. You could maybe understand with a rusty rev1 with ridiculous mileage, but this looks to be a very nice example with good conditioned seats, original mats etc.

Good luck with the sale matey :thumleft:
soozjr

Post by soozjr »

outrun wrote:Looks alright, but we know how they drive and how quick they are, so that alone doesn't justify the higher than average price, imo.

You say all original, but where are the toblerones and what is with the weird front badge and side repeaters? Also, the paint looks a bit tired, but maybe that is the pics?

I wouldn't normally comment, but I am looking for a rev 3 turbo at the minute, and I do like this colour.

Good luck with the sale.

Hi Outrun, thanks for your comments.

I was under the impression that my car was thoroughly original, and am beginning to understand that it's mostly un-messed-with (unlike so many other examples...)

The only bits I knew about were the side repeaters (which broke) and the steering wheel (I have the original in the cupboard at home!).

I'm happy to be educated, and will update the listing accordingly. Aside from the missing 'toblerones', MRD front badge and clear repeaters, can you see anything I should be highlighting? If you need more detail, I'm happy to take whatever pics, or you could come have a look if you're local?

Also, since you think that price is too high, and you're in the market, make an offer! I'm happy to discuss it, but that's the price I'm aiming for. What do you think it's worth?

Cheers as well mr2nut123, I'm hoping for the best!
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Lovely looking car that, the only thing I would do is change the front badge, and sort the sills out.

Looks spot on to me rare now to see one so unmolested. Should bring it to the Beaulieu Jap show end of month, sure you would get lots of interest.
Last edited by Rob66 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nails

Post by Nails »

mr2nut123 wrote:
Nails wrote:do you know if the 150,000 is a mix of km and miles and if so how much? Seems a bit overpriced tbh mate

You are part of the reason as to why these cars never appreciate, or at least worth a representative value. We need to start following the mentality of the Cosworth crew.

Any 'enthusiast' who questions sensible values of these cars should be banned.

Mid engined reliable sports car from the golden era, at half the price of a crappy Citreon people carrier and people whinge about it. You could maybe understand with a rusty rev1 with ridiculous mileage, but this looks to be a very nice example with good conditioned seats, original mats etc.

Good luck with the sale matey :thumleft:

Nah mate. Had 3 and made either my money back or a small profit on them all. It's had repaired sills which haven't even been colour coded so no idea if just MOT style patched or a proper repair. If they're rusty there then they will be else where and it's got a lot of miles on. Pretty stock is good to some but these need the usual mods to get the best out of them .
This could add an extra couple of k to sort on the asking price and for that you could buy a newer faster less miles one.

The mr2 will never go the way of the ford rs boys coz they're all weirdos which in one way is shame as imo they're much better cars. On the other hand how many of you's would own them if they'd gone that way and they were all worth 20k plus......?

Good luck with the sale anyway mate didn't mean to be negative just clarify the mileage and price.
soozjr

Post by soozjr »

Hi all!

Nails, no negativity taken :) I think I know what you meant.

The rear sills and lower arches have been replaced with new metal (those eBay stampings that were made available not too long ago)

The instruction to the fabrication shop was to "do it right, I don't want to do this again, but don't worry about the paint job, it'll get done with the rest of the car"

Rob66: By sort the sills out, do you mean paint what's there? I mean, the car will need a paint job eventually, so is there much point in doing more just to have it gone over again?

As for the front badge, same comment re. paint job applies. If I pull off the MRD badge, it's probably going to damage the paint, so that sort of stuff could be done before painting as well no?
Draven

Post by Draven »

Looks like a nice motor. :) good luck with the sale. :thumleft:
Zapatero

Post by Zapatero »

i bought this 8)
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Zapatero wrote:i bought this 8)