[Mk2] [Turbo] MeisterR ZetaR/GT1 Coilovers

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr Yoshi

[Mk2] [Turbo] MeisterR ZetaR/GT1 Coilovers

Post by Mr Yoshi »

Just wondering what ET people are running ZetaR's, with 17" 8J alloys on the front?

I've had GT1's recently fitted (ruddy brilliant, worth every penny!) - which I've been advised by MeisterR are the same chassis, therefore the same clearance distance as the ZetaR's apart from the spring cover.

Currently, I'm running ET35 with a 5mm spacer which seems tight to the tyres (215/40) and the bottom seat of the coilover, but I'm sure I've seen a post with someone running with ET32 on 17" (8j?) which must only give a credit card width of space?

The fronts don't look bad in the arches by any means, but I have a 3mm spacer and would like to tuck the front under the arch that bit more if possible, but don't want to risk damage.

Any advice/experience with the same fitment would be appreciated.

:thumleft:
monkeyra
Premium Member

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] MeisterR ZetaR/GT1 Coilovers

Post by monkeyra »

Can't help you answering this yet, but I've just ordered a set of GT1's. Did you resolve this?

Assume the GT1's are still ruddy brilliant? Haven't read a bad thing about them yet.
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
SonicSW20

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] MeisterR ZetaR/GT1 Coilovers

Post by SonicSW20 »

Bear in mind that there is some camber adjustment available at the hub (even without camber bolts), which will also affect the clearance between the coilover and the top of the wheel.

Return to “Modifications”