1989 Mk1 Supercharger £4000

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mavros

1989 Mk1 Supercharger £4000

Post by Mavros »

For sale
1989 Mk1 Supercharger.
This car was imported by me 10 years ago. After six years of very little use I decided to take it racing.

The car was stripped and rebuilt with the following.
ROTA wheels with Avon slicks (spare set of ROTA’s with YokohamaA539 rain tyres)
rebuilt callipers with Hel braided lines,
BC Racing coil overs with adjustable shock/rebound,
discs with Ferodo and Red stuff pads,
Magnex stainless exhaust,
Fensport oversize pulley,
new clutch,
MOMO steering wheel,
Corbeau race seats on runners,
Takata 4 point harness,
Safety devices roll cage,
Lifeline plumbed in fire system,
fuel and engine cut off switches.

The car was respayed Matt green with a black roof. At the first trackday it overheated and was brought home. I stripped the engine and head and purchased a new engine and head from a fellow IMOC member. (The original was sent away and rebuilt and a matching green spray job applied)

The new engine had the following,
all new bearings from ARP,
New water and oil pump,
oversize pistons,
new rings,
steel head gasket,
rebuilt head with new springs, collets, ARP head bolts etc.
Kent 264 cams, Kent adjustable cam gears.
Iridium plugs, Fram filters, new HT leads.

It took me three years as I kept getting sidetracked with my business. I've finally realised I probably will never race it as an impending move means at least another two years away from getting my race licence.

I've tried starting the car but no luck and my mechanic has looked at it but he can't help. It needs going over properly but I don't have the time.

The vehicle stands me in for over £10,000 but I'm open to offers. In addition to the above I have a huge spares package including, second Corbeau race seat, never sat in, spare block pistons and ancillaries, spare fuel pump, another spare head ( This is in addition to the other rebuilt spare head) and a box of bits and pieces.

Pictures to follow. George 07740309077
Just edited to add all the new components have less than 10 miles on them, this includes the tyres, coilovers, exhaust, clutch and all other new items.
I have also found amongst the paraphernalia the following: Kartronics lap timer, FSE adjustable fuel valve, still boxed ARP head bolts, full gasket set with Fensport multi plate head gasket and original leather steering wheel as new, all this is included in the price.

Last edited by Mavros on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aussieGT

Re: 1989 Mk1 Supercharger £4000

Post by aussieGT »

tre cool.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”