[FINALIZED] MR2 Turbo GTS (1993) for sale.

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2carol

MR2 Turbo GTS (1993) for sale.

Post by mr2carol »

1993 MR2 Turbo GTS for sale (Woking, Surrey). Obviously being a turbo its a grey import. Approx 130K miles or 210000KM. I estimate I've done about 60K over the last 8 years of ownership. Got the japanese history but I never had it translated.

I am reluctantly selling due to the purchase of another MR2 (Mk 3). The car is black and was imported to the UK around 8 years ago when I took ownership as the first UK keeper. Car has been used daily in that time and has done many thousands of miles without issue.

There are some faults with the car at this time.

1. Drivers window not operating correctly so will need to be fixed by any new owner. Window is up at the moment.

2. Bad scratch on the bonnet when someone keyed the vehicle in a car park.

3. Transmission issue, possibly clutch release arm in the gearbox being seized. Please refer to mechanics report.

I could fix all these issues but I'd rather move the car now to someone who can probably do it cheaper themselves and as such buy the car at a reduced price.

Performance - Seriously fast and powerful as you'd expect. Still limited to 112mph, feels like a fast turbo. Much quicker than the STD others I have driven. Performance estimated to be around 240bhp. Tyres all round in good condition as are brakes and suspension. No warning lights. Engine running but car cant really be moved and has no MOT (expired about a week ago). Not taxed or insured. No rust issues to my knowledge.

Clutch fairly recent, loads of samco pipework under the bonnet due to some rubber perishing issues. All synchros felt fine until the recent transmission issue which causes gear change issue in any gear.

I would accept offers around £1500. I would ask 2.5K if the car had its transmission issue fixed.

Ideal project or donor car or can be put back on the road for daily use.

If youre interested PM me!

Some pictures.

Image[/img]

androo007

Re: [FINALIZED] MR2 Turbo GTS (1993) for sale.

Post by androo007 »

Wowee that could do with a serious wash and hoover.

In all honesty you have a misplaced 1 at the start of your price.
Draven

Post by Draven »

If you want that much for it. you're going to need to do some work like cleaning. lots and lots of cleaning.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Was about to say the same as above but upon closer inspection of the engine bay pic, has it been converted to a later revision running gear?

Can't see a maf however it looks like it has a map sensor :-k
Could quite possibly be a rev3+ running gear
mr2carol

Post by mr2carol »

Gullzter wrote:Was about to say the same as above but upon closer inspection of the engine bay pic, has it been converted to a later revision running gear?

Can't see a maf however it looks like it has a map sensor :-k
Could quite possibly be a rev3+ running gear

The car is as it was imported. I've no idea what was done in the first 15 years of its life. I can say it drives better than the other ones I drove at the time, the suspension is very firm though but the steering is nicely weighted and not vague at all.

You could easy give it a clean but its idle at the moment and tucked away getting a bit messy. I dont really think its selling point is aesthetics, its the stonking super fast engine and pin sharp handling I think might interest someone. :)
Draven

Post by Draven »

Well good luck with the sale, you might catch more fish at less than 1k.
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

that is a rev3 turbo engine. you are about right on the money @ £1500 :thumleft:

if it was a rev1/2 engine, it wouldnt be worth your asking price
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

It's dirty, but it could be possible to polish a TuRD.

Yeah, the car has potential, but the description of handling and acceleration is just par for the course. This is an MR2 forum after all.
jsmr2

Post by jsmr2 »

pmd :D
mr2carol

Post by mr2carol »

Had some PM's and I am working through them. Will be in touch soonish.
mr2carol

Post by mr2carol »

I have received an offer on the vehicle and subsequent to the buyer bringing the cash will complete the sale today. Thanks for the inquiries and offers, I am removing car from sale till further notice.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was jsmr2

Return to “MR2s for Sale”