[Mk2] [Turbo] Alarm turbo timer autowatch

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Siemr216vt

[Mk2] [Turbo] Alarm turbo timer autowatch

Post by Siemr216vt »

Hi lads I've got a AUTOWATCH alarm immobiliser system on my rev3 turbs..the things is when I switch off ignition the turbo timer keeps the engine going for awhile.. I don't mind this at all but when I'm driving off boost and switch off its still keepin the engine running for a few mins also ..Is there a button sequence I can press too switch off timer via key fob..the Nur specs abit much at 11pm lol
androo007

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Alarm turbo timer autowatch

Post by androo007 »

Dutch the timer. Mechanical sympathy 1 mile from home is all you need :) it also invalidates insurance for security.
Siemr216vt

Post by Siemr216vt »

Yeah guna look into taking it off
Reedy

Post by Reedy »

Siemr216vt wrote:Hi lads I've got a AUTOWATCH alarm immobiliser system on my rev3 turbs..the things is when I switch off ignition the turbo timer keeps the engine going for awhile.. I don't mind this at all but when I'm driving off boost and switch off its still keepin the engine running for a few mins also ..Is there a button sequence I can press too switch off timer via key fob..the Nur specs abit much at 11pm lol

Sorry this is off topic

I've fitted an auto watch alarm which has things like remote start- wired it all up apart from the accessory wire for the ignition

Any idea where this is on the loom behind the passengers seat?
Siemr216vt

Post by Siemr216vt »

Mate I'm not sure about the remote start .... But I've figured the turbo timer out.. Two clicks on the boot release button engine switches off yey!!

Return to “Electrical”