Zepter Mesh 16" split rims, staggered 8" & 7" (need light refurb)

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

abovetherim

Zepter Mesh 16" split rims, staggered 8" & 7" (need light refurb)

Post by abovetherim »

I have a set of zepter mesh wheels for sale!

Before I get into the description, I would like to outline how I like sell stuff;
First person to post "I will buy them" is first in the queue.
If more than one person pipes up i will post the order.
I will give reasonable time to exchange pms and arrange viewing/pick up
I will be happy to take and send or post more pics if required
I will not be messed around on meeting times (way too busy for that). Do it once and i will move down the list (if there is one)
I prefer cash or bank transfer
I will not ship abroad
I would prefer these are inspected and picked up rather than shipped as then the condition is agreed.
I will ship these at buyers expense but this will involve purchase of suitable boxes/wrapping.

Now onto the description
set of 4 wheels in staggered fitment 2x7" and 2x8". All centre caps present but one is missing the spring washer (not essential)
These need a cosmetic refurb as they are tired, filthy and surface coroded on the barrels.
One of the wheels has some kerb rash and light scuff to the barrel. The other 3 had some curb rash but I spun the wheels up and filed them smooth to keep and even profile (just didn't get around to the last one).
I have not split these at any point so the seal between barrels should be ok. However I have not had tyres on them so I don't know if they hold air.
The centre cap nuts have some knarling
The faces are in decent shape with the odd paint chip here and there apart from the one with the curb rash which has a scuff on the face also.

I was going to take out the faces and paint those, try and fill in the centre caps and paint those to match and polish the outer rims.
However I bought a set of advans last year that are more in keeping with my ratty car and these wheels would be wasted on her!

With a couple of weekends these could be transformed into a stunning set.

I'm looking for £300 for these rare wheels

Any further info or pics required then just ask.
abovetherim

Re: Zepter Mesh 16" split rims, staggered 8" & 7" (need light refurb)

Post by abovetherim »

Forgot to add ET

Fronts et 33 and rears et 50 both approx measure by me as the labels on the back of the wheels have no print left on them.

abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

Bumpity bump.

Lots of views but no questions or offers. Am I way off on price?
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Afraid so, imo. Unknown ET, split rims cost $$$$ to be refurbished and centre cap damage.

Then add on rubber (presuming the seals are working) and you're up to around 1300 all in.

For these rims I'd look to pay 650 in mint condition with reasonable tyres.

However just my opinion only.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

If ET50 is correct, then that's useless for an MR2 unfortunately. Needs to be ~ET30 or so for an 8J rear.
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

Thank you for your valuable insights gents. :thumleft:
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

did you have these fitted to an mr2? what was the fit like, are you sure the et is 50?
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

dylan5084 wrote:did you have these fitted to an mr2? what was the fit like, are you sure the et is 50?

The only time I have had these on a 2 is one at a time on the rear, without tyres to spin them up to file the curb rash.

As for the et, it was measured quickly and the calculation is on the photo. I believe I have done it right but it may not be that accurate. It could be et 48 but this is still not ideal.

I do know a guy either on here or on mr2oc was running a set of these in 16" and he had to use a small spacer on either the front or the rear but I don't remember which. It is also possible his were a different et.

I hope they will fit as I have decided to keep them and refurb them at some point in the summer. If they don't fit my 2 then I will sell them elsewhere if my colour scheme doesn't put off buyers. Paint bought today so I am now committed. :oldtongue:
Craig_'2

Post by Craig_'2 »

abovetherim wrote:
dylan5084 wrote:did you have these fitted to an mr2? what was the fit like, are you sure the et is 50?

The only time I have had these on a 2 is one at a time on the rear, without tyres to spin them up to file the curb rash.

As for the et, it was measured quickly and the calculation is on the photo. I believe I have done it right but it may not be that accurate. It could be et 48 but this is still not ideal.

I do know a guy either on here or on mr2oc was running a set of these in 16" and he had to use a small spacer on either the front or the rear but I don't remember which. It is also possible his were a different et.

I hope they will fit as I have decided to keep them and refurb them at some point in the summer. If they don't fit my 2 then I will sell them elsewhere if my colour scheme doesn't put off buyers. Paint bought today so I am now committed. :oldtongue:

I think you may be referring to me on this one as I did a thread on MR2OC, didn't realise this was 5 years ago now!

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 8493,d.cWw

Sames sizes as yours but the offsets were ET37, I also had to have some 5mm spacers to clear the front coilovers (BC).
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

OP, if possible it might help if you just jack up one side and mount the front and rear wheels on one side. if the rear is near enough ET50, it will be very obvious!
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

i take it ET 50 would mean they need a 15mm spacer then? or is it the other way around??
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

Gazza - yes i could mount up the rear and that would tell me whether or not it will stick out from the arch and if when a 10mm, 15mm or even 20mm spacer is fitted will it stick out. But i can't confirm the back side clearance on the suspension as they have no tyres on.

Dylan - In basic theory yes 10-15mm should bring the back far enough from the suspension. But with an 8J this may then bring the outer side into the wheel arch.

I have a 225 45 16 tyre I might get fitted to test fitment along with a 10mm spacer. This will give me an idea of whether or not its worth me refurbing.
dumek2010

Post by dumek2010 »

Could you check postage to Poland
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

dumek2010 wrote:Could you check postage to Poland

No sorry. As stated above I have decided to keep them

Return to “Mk2 Bodywork & Wheels ”