My Black MR2 Turbo Rev 3 T-bar

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mattyboy44

My Black MR2 Turbo Rev 3 T-bar

Post by mattyboy44 »

Just a few photos of my car.

Got it out of the garage for the first time this year started on the button - took it for a spin .....Big Smiles......

Love this car

Pretty much a very standard unmolested car even has the standard air filter always garaged never see's the rain if I can help it. Very low 70,000 miles

Just a few upgrades not modifications, modernised the lights a bit with clear front and all red rears getting rid of the orange, upgraded sound system but using the standard speaker compartments, and a custom cup holder insert in the dash, Wheels refurbed in gloss black.

Since I have owned it spent around £1200-£1500 on just replacing/renewing parts like new clutch, big Service, all new brakes and discs, wheel ailignment and balance, gear oil and various other bits getting it up to running at good standard, and I have to say now it's pretty good all round and the engine is spot on. It is solid underneath with no rust.

I am thinking about getting a new exhaust as the standard one seems pretty tiny at the back. Can anyone recommend a good one? I do not want a loud one just a nice sporty sounding one that looks good!

A few pics from today

ImageIMG_20160415_121735 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_121759 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_121825 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_121851 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_122026 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_122122 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_122236 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_131024 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_122248 by matthew hutley, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20160415_121753 by matthew hutley, on Flickr
Gullzter

Re: My Black MR2 Turbo Rev 3 T-bar

Post by Gullzter »

Looks nice buddy, similar to my old one :lol:
mattyboy44

Post by mattyboy44 »

I am not mad on the rear bumper it sits too high for me and it has a scratch on it so want to replace it, is there a better replacement I can get that sits lower? Or would a UK one look better.

If someone could recommend me a good rear bumper to improve the rears look or even if there is a possible bumper add-on I could get.

Also looking for a stainless exhaust to improve the rears look.
craig

Post by craig »

Looks smart!

mattyboy44 wrote:I am not mad on the rear bumper it sits too high for me and it has a scratch on it so want to replace it, is there a better replacement I can get that sits lower? Or would a UK one look better.

If someone could recommend me a good rear bumper to improve the rears look or even if there is a possible bumper add-on I could get.

This is the rear of mine:

Border rear spats and centre diffuser. Both made my Nigel Smith.

Exhaust is a Japspeed. Seems to be the only twin exit exhaust available these days.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

mattyboy44 wrote:I am not mad on the rear bumper it sits too high for me and it has a scratch on it so want to replace it, is there a better replacement I can get that sits lower? Or would a UK one look better.

I actually thought exactly the same, it doesn't blend with the sills imo, I have a Toms bumper on my white mr2 (check my build thread) and it sits well, veilside do a rear bumper which is not too bad either (compared to the rest of their kit), also Do Luck but they are like unicorns :eye:

A uk bumper is exactly the same apart from it has a uk style reg plate recess, you can get add ons for stock bumper, Greddy, Border, Bomex etc.. Have a look online and you will find loads of different ones :thumleft:

My old black mr2 had a japspeed, my current White one has a custom made exhaust similar to a mongoose, and my red one has a Blitz Nur Spec, you also have the likes of Buddy Club which are hard to find, Apexi N1 also hard to find, and a few others.. Like I say a quick search online to check them all out :wink:
mattyboy44

Post by mattyboy44 »

craig wrote:Looks smart!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Re ... 4ik1r5.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Re ... 9oe1w2.jpg

Border rear spats and centre diffuser. Both made my Nigel Smith.

Exhaust is a Japspeed. Seems to be the only twin exit exhaust available these days.

Thanks

Rear looks good on yours I like the lights and general look.
mattyboy44

Post by mattyboy44 »

Gullzter wrote:

I actually thought exactly the same, it doesn't blend with the sills imo, I have a Toms bumper on my white mr2 (check my build thread) and it sits well, veilside do a rear bumper which is not too bad either (compared to the rest of their kit), also Do Luck but they are like unicorns :eye:

A uk bumper is exactly the same apart from it has a uk style reg plate recess, you can get add ons for stock bumper, Greddy, Border, Bomex etc.. Have a look online and you will find loads of different ones :thumleft:

My old black mr2 had a japspeed, my current White one has a custom made exhaust similar to a mongoose, and my red one has a Blitz Nur Spec, you also have the likes of Buddy Club which are hard to find, Apexi N1 also hard to find, and a few others.. Like I say a quick search online to check them all out :wink:

Thanks

I will take a look and see what I can find, need to sort the rear out on mine after looking at some others on here.

Hopefully a new exhaust and bumper will do it
mattyboy44

Post by mattyboy44 »

craig wrote:Looks smart!

[/url]

How did you do the lights or did you buy them like that?
craig

Post by craig »

Cheers buddy.

The rear lights have had the orange indicator sections removed and replaced with smoked lenses from a guy on here called wolfie308.

The black light borders have been masked, professional painted gloss black and the whole clusters then lacquered to provide a mirror finish.

In addition I bought a spare Rev 3 center panel and had the reverse lights and lock hole smoothed and the center panel painted. :thumleft:
mattyboy44

Post by mattyboy44 »

Out of interest how loud is the japspeed exhaust? I can't really find anything else available online.

Didn't want a too loud exhaust as my last turbo was so loud it shook the house and rattled the garage door, people moaned about it.

I was thinking about a powerflow exhaust from ipswich Powerflow anyone know if the are any good on these cars?
Think I am gonna go for the bomex addon at the back to improve the bumper look.
craig

Post by craig »

mattyboy44 wrote:Out of interest how loud is the japspeed exhaust? I can't really find anything else available online.

Didn't want a too loud exhaust as my last turbo was so loud it shook the house and rattled the garage door, people moaned about it.

I was thinking about a powerflow exhaust from ipswich Powerflow anyone know if the are any good on these cars?
Think I am gonna go for the bomex addon at the back to improve the bumper look.

I was looking to a twin exit exhaust and couldn't find anything for sale apart from the Japspeed.

There's just no market for MR2 turbo exhausts anymore. When I picked the car up with the exhaust fitted, I didn't think it was that loud tbh. I also have a berk decat fitted.

Driving home, didn't find the exhaust to be too boomy or give me a headache etc. Sounds alright.

Return to “Member Profiles”