RE: Mk1a Sill/Door Lip Pictures Needed ?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rtgibson

RE: Mk1a Sill/Door Lip Pictures Needed ?

Post by rtgibson »

Hope somebody can help - my beloved Mk1a that's been off road 10 years went for the sills replacing 3 years ago.....the guy did a half ar$ed job of cutting both sides off and putting one sill back on before owning upto the fact that he wasn't upto the job and returned the car to me in bits. One thing led to another and three years have passed - I'm now back on the case of getting it sorted but something doesn't look right. The side that he's fitted a sill on is flush (line wise with the door) - when I marry up the side skirts it looks like there'd be a massive gap. Should there actually have been a lip i.e. the sill stick out a bit more than the bottom of the door ? Can anybody get me any close up photo's of their door/sill ? If there is a lip could you take a picture with a ruler to show me how much of a lip ?? Like I said he didn't finish the job so the sills just tacked on (albeit it he has cut it).

Thanks
Russ
jimi

Re: RE: Mk1a Sill/Door Lip Pictures Needed ?

Post by jimi »

afaik the 1a/1b are the same in this area, these pics are of my sills being replaced, may be of some use to you

Last edited by jimi on Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stragenmitsuko

Re: RE: Mk1a Sill/Door Lip Pictures Needed ?

Post by stragenmitsuko »

There are some pictures in my rear arches repair topic .
Pat

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”