Passenger window help

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bentley58

Passenger window help

Post by Bentley58 »

Passenger window on 1990 mk1 - passenger door button started downward movement but won't now go up. Window currently down fully no movements upwards from either passenger door button or drivers door.

WILL check power to both buttons but sounds like something internal......

No clunks as read in other passenger window posts. Job for tomorrow.

Any ideas?

RICH
jimi

Re: Passenger window help

Post by jimi »

Check you haven't accidentally pressed the window lock button on the driver's side door controls ....... It only locks the passengers window :wink:
Bentley58

To add

Post by Bentley58 »

Yes, checked that. Just spoke to Neil (mk1 mr2 web.com) replacement switch and relay ordered before full strip down and regulator.
jimi

Post by jimi »

No point in getting the relay, it only does the drivers window :wink: passengers is controlled directly by the switches, it goes through both switches, drivers and passengers so either could be at fault or it could be the motor, I'd find the problem before ordering bits especially from that "gentleman"
Bentley58

Post by Bentley58 »

Right, am I being told duff info though then?'?! As ordered relay and switch...

:$
jimi

Post by jimi »

If you have been told that the relay controls the passengers window then yes. The window relay controls the drivers window ONLY. Have a look at this article of mine, the first drawing is of the standard MK1 electric window circuit which shows clearly how the 2 windows are controlled. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jlawson/Auto ... indow.html
Bentley58

Post by Bentley58 »

Thanks Jimi, will return part then for a refund. I'm hoping the switch will fix the problem otherwise it's door card off and more investigation.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”