I'm Back!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

I'm Back!

Post by mr2nut123 »

...*tumbleweed* "so, who cares??" :lol:

After a fair few years away from a tubby, I just had to get another. I had a 360hp Evo 8 for a while, it was nice but quite boring for me. I then got a 944 N/A but missed boost too much (it handles like a dream though!). A tidy Rev5 tubby fresh from Japan with a TOMs kit was waved under my nose and I couldn't resist.

I was over the moon when I went for the first drive and heard boost behind me again :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

If there's any Yorkshire meets coming up soon I'm in 8)

craig

Re: I'm Back!

Post by craig »

Ah, so you bought this! Saw it on Ebay.

Looks great, and the Tom's kit suits it down to a T with the Ganador mirrors and BBS wheels!

Nice one, and welcome back mate. Plans? :D
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

P.s. I'm not a huge fan of the BBS Split Rims, but I know that plenty are! I was looking to ideally trade for a set of either Rota GTRs or some TE37s (or lookalikes). If you know anyone pop me a line!
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

hello welcome back

looks lovely
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

RedMR² wrote:Ah, so you bought this! Saw it on Ebay.

Looks great, and the Tom's kit suits it down to a T with the Ganador mirrors and BBS wheels!

Nice one, and welcome back mate. Plans? :D

Cheers dude! I LOOOOVE the TOMs kit, I have always said that if a tubby came up with one in white I'd go for it. The mirrors electrics even work which was a shock to me!
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

pistol pete wrote:hello welcome back

looks lovely

Cheers Pete!! :thumleft:
MR2 Turbo Boy

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

Hi buddy

WELCOME back... Fantastic looking car...:)

Chat to you soon.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

MR2 Turbo Boy wrote:Hi buddy

WELCOME back... Fantastic looking car...:)

Chat to you soon.

Cheers!! Defo do a meet this year somewhere, would be brilliant to see the old motor :)

Looking forward to the updates.
JD

Post by JD »

mr2nut123 wrote:P.s. I'm not a huge fan of the BBS Split Rims, but I know that plenty are! I was looking to ideally trade for a set of either Rota GTRs or some TE37s (or lookalikes). If you know anyone pop me a line!

If you put Rotas on this I will take you out

and help you find some nice wheels or persuade you to put the BBS back on.

Nice car :whistle:
craig

Post by craig »

Agree with JD mate. Do not swap BBS wheels out for replica wheels such as rotas. If you're gonna swap, Gotta be for some proper JDM wheels.

Personally I think they look awesome and would leave them well alone! =P~
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Welcome Back, the car looks like a great example, do you have any plans or are you just going to enjoy her as she is ? :thumleft: , it's funny the hold the mr2 has on people :lol:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Martin F wrote:Welcome Back, the car looks like a great example, do you have any plans or are you just going to enjoy her as she is ? :thumleft: , it's funny the hold the mr2 has on people :lol:

Cheers Martin! Sorry for my delay, I didn't see your reply.

I think I'd like 300hp and keep it at that, stock turbo and internals etc. I had a forged tubby before but I'm not really bothered about that kind of power this time around.
craig

Post by craig »

mr2nut123 wrote:
Martin F wrote:Welcome Back, the car looks like a great example, do you have any plans or are you just going to enjoy her as she is ? :thumleft: , it's funny the hold the mr2 has on people :lol:

I think I'd like 300hp and keep it at that, stock turbo and internals etc. I had a forged tubby before but I'm not really bothered about that kind of power this time around.

I'm running 306bhp @1.2 bar, on Apexi PFC on a CT20b. Mapping by Ryan @ 2bartuning

Forged pistons, stock head/fuelling, exhaust, decat, chargecooler with Radtech pre rad.

Car is MORE than powerful/quick enough for the road. :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

craig wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:

I'm running 306bhp @1.2 bar, on Apexi PFC on a CT20b. Mapping by Ryan @ 2bartuning

Forged pistons, stock head/fuelling, exhaust, decat, chargecooler with Radtech pre rad.

I think I'll do the same but without forging to be honest. Maybe get a nice side mount and I'll be fine.
craig

Post by craig »

mr2nut123 wrote:
craig wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:

I think I'll do the same but without forging to be honest. Maybe get a nice side mount and I'll be fine.

:thumleft:
JLW

Post by JLW »

Nice motor pal, looks in great shape !

I wholeheartedly agree with Craig and the others, leave those BBS's on the car.
just needs a little lowering IMO and its perfect.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

JLW wrote:Nice motor pal, looks in great shape !

I wholeheartedly agree with Craig and the others, leave those BBS's on the car.
just needs a little lowering IMO and its perfect.

Cheers!

I'm just not a fan of them. They are up for sale if anyone is interested!! Can't see them hanging about long. :thumleft:
uglee

Post by uglee »

Hey Luke!

Good to see you in another MR2! I think Fizz occasionally visits these forums but has been absent for a while!

Keep the BBS's. I know they are a pain in the ar$e to clean but just feel the difference in weight between them and most other wheels. They are also as rare as rocking horse poo in good MR2 offsets.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

BBS , Sick buddy :clap: :mrgreen: ....

Ow and sweet ride too :D
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

uglee wrote:Hey Luke!

Good to see you in another MR2! I think Fizz occasionally visits these forums but has been absent for a while!

Keep the BBS's. I know they are a pain in the ar$e to clean but just feel the difference in weight between them and most other wheels. They are also as rare as rocking horse poo in good MR2 offsets.

Ey up Lee! Cheers. I remember the Showcase cruise we had when I had my white rev2 N/A :)

I love the weight of them, and they have grown on me...just not enough. It's not just the cleaning, it's the style that I personally don't like so I won't be keeping them. They're yours if you want to make an offer :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”