New to the forum, introducing a long term MR2 turbo project!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shorty87

New to the forum, introducing a long term MR2 turbo project!

Post by shorty87 »

Hiya, I'm new to the forum just wanted to say hi and introduce the car.

It's my other halfs car, which he bought as he and his brother owned a bodyshop and wanted to do a car for themselves after doing loads of custom cars for customers (during the max power etc era!). It became a project that never got finished as the bodyshop was always busy, 13 years later and we've decided to crack on and get it finished, bought a donor car and committed to completing it!!

It's an imported turbo that's on about 45k as it was driven to the workshop once bought then only moved around the yard!

At the moment its looking a bit sorry for itself, has a TRD wide arch rear end and sides with a lot of custom work to make it look a bit different. Both kits are genuine and were bought new hence the will to finish it as opposed to cutting losses!

Also has lambo doors (that actually sit dead straight upright when open not limbo'd out! The gas struts are off at the moment but will grab a picture when they're back on) and we've recently got rogue rear lights to add as well as the bonus of a rogue leather interior in the donor car. Hoping to track down some rev 6 headlights to get an angel sleepy eye thing going on up front.

Final paint wise the idea is to go for a flip colour (a la tvr tuscan in swordfish or maybe a touch lighter)

I'll keep a tab of progress on here, which may be a touch slow in the rainy windy weather we're having at the moment?!

But to give an idea of what we're up against, here's its current state, ignore the overspray on it etc!

The donor car will be being broken once we have what we need from it (namely the interior, wheels, lock set and a few interior plastic bits that have been nicked from it while it was at the yard :( ) so give us a shout if you see anything you need!

Here it is, a n/a 2.0 GT, MOT'd until next year so a handy spare run about in the meantime!

[/img]
Last edited by shorty87 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
craig

Re: New to the forum, introducing a long term MR2 turbo project!

Post by craig »

Welcome to IMOC mate, project looks interesting!

I'll certainly be tuned into this one. I'd love a TRD MR2 8)

shorty87 wrote: Hoping to track down some rev 6 headlights

I have a set of these for sale currently, here:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=188026

Good luck with the project :thumleft:
shorty87

Re: New to the forum, introducing a long term MR2 turbo project!

Post by shorty87 »

Thank you! I've got fingers crossed we can get it done fairly quickly (although anything compared to the last 13 years its been waiting will feel lightning quick I guess!)

Oo awesome they look spot on, I'll show them to my other half when he gets back :)

Return to “Member Profiles”