craig

Fallout 4....

Post by craig »

So who's for the vault on 10/11? :twisted:

Got mine on pre order. Can't wait! \:D/
SonicSW20

Re: Fallout 4....

Post by SonicSW20 »

Yes, not on a console though. I will be playing it at a glorious 60FPS plus!
Draven

Post by Draven »

Really want it.. I enjoyed Fallout and New Vegas.

Sadly I don't have a PS4 or a decent gaming PC so sadly I can't play it.
craig

Post by craig »

Pip Boy equipped, Bobble Heads, I'm comin' for ya! :lol:
Draven

Post by Draven »

Might fire up New Vegas tonight :thumleft: been a while since i had any time to play a game.
craig

Post by craig »

Draven wrote:Might fire up New Vegas tonight :thumleft: been a while since i had any time to play a game.

I had Fall Out 3 for the 360, but don't have any games of the Fall Out variety for the XB1. Well, until 10/11/15 8)
Draven

Post by Draven »

RedMR² wrote:
Draven wrote:Might fire up New Vegas tonight :thumleft: been a while since i had any time to play a game.

I had Fall Out 3 for the 360, but don't have any games of the Fall Out variety for the XB1. Well, until 10/11/15 8)

I still have a phat 40gb PS3.. :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Draven wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

I still have a phat 40gb PS3.. :thumleft:

Better than nothing at all!
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

RedMR² wrote:

I really enjoyed fallout 3 and new vegas on the 360, really annoyed that they are not releasing it on 360.

One day I might get an Xbox one, but not just yet.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

aussieGT wrote:
I really enjoyed fallout 3 and new vegas on the 360, really annoyed that they are not releasing it on 360.

It's a good thing they didn't tbh - the dev team already has to cater for 3 different platforms. I'd rather they didn't cripple the development of the current platforms in order to cater for a an obsolete 10 year old one!
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Gazza_DJ wrote:
aussieGT wrote:

It's a good thing they didn't tbh - the dev team already has to cater for 3 different platforms. I'd rather they didn't cripple the development of the current platforms in order to cater for a an obsolete 10 year old one!

It's not obsolete in my house! I bet they could have done it for 360 as well, but used it as a ploy to get people like me to upgrade. I say no!
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

aussieGT wrote:I bet they could have done it for 360 as well, but used it as a ploy to get people like me to upgrade. I say no!

How do the developers benefit from getting people to upgrade?
The only people benefitting from that are Microsoft and Sony. Even then there's very little profit in console sales.

Looks amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3IlHBBGCIw
craig

Post by craig »

Apparently the reason fall out 4 is not on PS3 and 360 is down to the fact they can't cope with the game.

I had about 5 360s before finally getting pi$$ed off with the bloody thing overheating. Swapped a load of them under warranty and sent one to Frankfurt for a new motherboard! Finally got an XB1 end of last year. Not looked back.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

JohnnyC wrote:
The only people benefitting from that are Microsoft and Sony. Even then there's very little profit in console sales.

Looks amazing

Really?? There'd be all sorts of incentives to launch a game on the new platforms only. Little profit in console sales? Don't think they'd bother then, I don't think they run these businesses just for our enjoyment.

Yes the new fallout looks awesome, but yeah probably too much for the 360 to cope with.

But for some the gamestation 256 is way better than gamestation 252.

ImageImage
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

aussieGT wrote:Really?? There'd be all sorts of incentives to launch a game on the new platforms only.

Such as?
I'm sure the developer would like their new game to be sold on as many customers on as many platforms as possible. But if it's too big for the PS3/XB360 then it's not going to happen.

aussieGT wrote:Little profit in console sales? Don't think they'd bother then, I don't think they run these businesses just for our enjoyment.

True, the PlayStation 3 was even sold at a loss for Sony.

Microsoft and Sony make their money game sales.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

aussieGT wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

Looks amazing

Really?? There'd be all sorts of incentives to launch a game on the new platforms only. Little profit in console sales? Don't think they'd bother then, I don't think they run these businesses just for our enjoyment.

Johnny is right - consoles are sold with razor thin margins, and in some cases are actually sold at a loss. They make their money accessories, subscriptions, and charging publishers a % to release on the platform. That's why the RRP of an XB1 wireless controller is £49.99! The console is a platform to sell the stuff that actually makes them money.

Developers don't want to develop for old platforms once the replacement ones have got a decent market share - they would have to divide the team further to cater for the old platforms which will mean either a longer development time, or a less complete game. Longer development time = higher cost. Less complete game = less sales. We're past the point now where developing for the old platforms still makes sense.
craig

Post by craig »

JohnnyC wrote:

^this. £50 for a new game.

How much does a disc cost, plus burning the game to it and a case? Quids in!
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

RedMR² wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

^this. £50 for a new game.

How much does a disc cost, plus burning the game to it and a case? Quids in!

To be fair, most console games cost around 5 times as much as PS1 games did.
And taking into account inflation, games now are roughly the same price as 20 years ago on PS1.

I can't remember the exact figures, or if the information is available on Google, but from memory 20 years ago, publishers had to pay Sony £5 to make each disc (remember the PS1's black discs? :mrgreen: ).
craig

Post by craig »

Fallout 4 for XB1 acquired. Hermit status en route. :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

Epic so far. :D

Return to “Games Consoles”