UK NA rev 2 to NA rev 3 wiring

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Wiggs

UK NA rev 2 to NA rev 3 wiring

Post by Wiggs »

I hope someone can help figure out the dodgy wiring I have in my MR2s boot.

The car was a 1993 UK revision 2 originally which was built to run in the 750MC MR2 championship. It's had an engine swap to a revision 3 3S-GE, but I didn't do the swap. There's swapped wires and dodgy bullet connectors all over the place!

I've obtained various wiring diagrams from the Internet, but it still doesn't seemingly match up to what I would expect. I've trawled various forums regarding normally aspirated revision 2 to revision 3 conversions, but nobody seems to explain the minor wiring alterations from what I can find.

There are two connectors that have been hacked, the first is the 22 pin, which I understand connects through to the dash and the second is the 26 pin which is one of the main engine loom connectors. There are four connectors in total on the ECU, but I am not sure what mix of looms I have here.

On the 22 pin connector, pin 14, which I believe is FC is connected to pin 14 on the 26 pin connector, with the old cable connected to nothing. The cable is green with a red trace on both connectors.

Pin 1 on the 22 pin is black (BATT?), but disconnected and the cable has been joined to the green and white cable on pin 5. The green and white cable from pin 5 has been connected to the green and red cable on pin 14. Does any of this make any sense? Has anyone got a UK revision 2 ECU pinout and a revision 3 ECU pinout for me to compare, ideally with wire colours that match up?

I've already had to rewire a lot of the front end of the car due to a dodgy switch panel but due to this using just the revision 2 loom it wasn't too difficult to decipher.

Return to “Electrical”