[Mk2] [Turbo] Starting prob

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr2hope

[Mk2] [Turbo] Starting prob

Post by Mr2hope »

Help please. Recently bought a black 1992 turbo from the Aberdeen area. The car had starting issues which I managed to track back to the spade connection on starter and fixed. I then noticed a wire not connected to the sensor for water temp I think next to it. Anyway I was charging battery at same time on car. And checking diagnostics at same time,all fine. Took charger of car and tried to start. Nothing, not even a click but a winning noise from the round thing next to battery and the MIL light not appearing ever. It was there when checking diagnostics but as soon as I turned the key to start car it has dissapeared and the whining noise came and stays on with ignition on. I am not very technical. Any help please. Thanks Rab
Mr2hope

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Starting prob

Post by Mr2hope »

the whinning noise is coming from the POWER STEERING PUMP if that helps any.
Mr2hope

Post by Mr2hope »

okay all electrtics work.. when ignition is turned to ACC but the POWER STEERING PUMP STAYS ON when key in this possition(acc). But theECU light on dash has gone. Have checked fuses. Have I fried my ECU somehow? But why would P/S pump stay on? and the car will not turn over, any help please Rab.
Mr2hope

Post by Mr2hope »

thanks for all your help :thumleft:
bigal

Post by bigal »

Mr2hope wrote:thanks for all your help :thumleft:

Sorry I can't help but I know what you mean.....seems these cars are getting on now and the amount of interest in, and knowledge of, has diminished almost to being non-existent.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

what lights are on your dash at ignition? does your car have an aftermarket alarm/immobilizer

Return to “Electrical”