Wheeler Dealers

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

robbie_742003

Wheeler Dealers

Post by robbie_742003 »

A repeat from early on, red MK 1. Anyone catch it last night?
2mad

Re: Wheeler Dealers

Post by 2mad »

Seen it .. they did a good job .. mk2 tubby next .. i hope :wink:
Torero

Post by Torero »

Hmm that near perfect wing sprayed the exact shade of red that just happened to be in a scrappy's yard was a bit lucky :-k
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Just watched the rx7 get made over .. :shock: :shock: :shock: snake skin what wore they thinking .. nice car mind before they graphic-xed it #-o
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Yeah that wing was brand new, also the bodge he done to the rear arches never lasted long, cars gone to the metal munched in the sky now.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
TheLepresean

Post by TheLepresean »

I met Mike Brewer a couple of weeks ago in Bexhill, he was opening a car show - I did speak to him about doing a mk2 Turbo, and he said it was high on their list. Whether he says that to every request I couldn't say, but he did say they have a mkiv Supra sat in the garage waiting to be filmed and fixed up!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Wonder what they'll do to the supra .. not a cuss .. do like wheeler dealers :thumleft:
TheLepresean

Post by TheLepresean »

If I see any snake skin vinyl coming out, I may be forced to hunt them down... :evil:
JD

Post by JD »

2mad wrote:Wonder what they'll do to the supra .. not a cuss .. do like wheeler dealers :thumleft:

I dunno but if I was given it after they were done I think I'd take it straight to someone that knows there JZs. Not saying Ed China doesn't know what he's doing but he's sort of a Jack of all trades :\
2mad

Post by 2mad »

TheLepresean wrote:If I see any snake skin vinyl coming out, I may be forced to hunt them down... :evil:

Hahahaha agreed .. poor rx7
2mad

Post by 2mad »

JD wrote:
2mad wrote:Wonder what they'll do to the supra .. not a cuss .. do like wheeler dealers :thumleft:

I dunno but if I was given it after they were done I think I'd take it straight to someone that knows there JZs. Not saying Ed China doesn't know what he's doing but he's sort of a Jack of all trades :\

I like ed but he does have alot of help .. id trust him .. lol i think 8-[
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

oukie wrote:Yeah that wing was brand new, also the bodge he done to the rear arches never lasted long, cars gone to the metal munched in the sky now.

Brand new wing sourced in a scrapyard in the right colour- I remember that one.
robbie_742003

Post by robbie_742003 »

Anyone see the Skyline a few weeks ago? Nice change from the norm but the drifting scene isn't their game.
I'm not keen on their 'Grease' ad either lol.
JD

Post by JD »

They could have done a lot worse - I'm glad they kept it fairly low key. It just needs a bigger IC (the one they fitted is still tiny) and the factory wing putting back on/holes filled. I really like Advan RGs - shame they got rid :/

Keeping that clean and simple would be my approach. After the RX7 I was expecting them to go full Max Power on that, lol.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

JD wrote:They could have done a lot worse - I'm glad they kept it fairly low key. It just needs a bigger IC (the one they fitted is still tiny) and the factory wing putting back on/holes filled. I really like Advan RGs - shame they got rid :/

Keeping that clean and simple would be my approach. After the RX7 I was expecting them to go full Max Power on that, lol.

The rx7 ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) but ed started sweet .. till they did grapthics ](*,)
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

robbie_742003 wrote:Anyone see the Skyline a few weeks ago? Nice change from the norm but the drifting scene isn't their game.

They should have left it standard in my view and concentrated on upping power not sticking that horrific ironing board on the rear.

I was actually kicked out of my lounge for shouting at the television during that episode. I had to watch it in another room.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Noble m12 last episode .. came out sweet i thought .. surprised they only made 100 cars though ... what a nice car :thumleft:
JD

Post by JD »

Tiamat wrote:
robbie_742003 wrote:Anyone see the Skyline a few weeks ago? Nice change from the norm but the drifting scene isn't their game.

They should have left it standard in my view and concentrated on upping power not sticking that horrific ironing board on the rear.

I was actually kicked out of my lounge for shouting at the television during that episode. I had to watch it in another room.

Dunno if I felt that strongly but the moment that guy rinsed Brewer for those crappy wheels and got to keep the Advans I was thinking lol - they could have flogged the RGs and made a bunch more back on the car rather than just going on the basis of BIG BLINGY WHEELS yo which seems pretty standard for Skylines over here - they do not appreciate the finer points of the JDM factor in parts value. It would have also meant they could have afforded a proper FMIC instead of a tiny upgrade!
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016
wenguin

Post by wenguin »

2mad wrote:Just watched the rx7 get made over .. :shock: :shock: :shock: snake skin what wore they thinking .. nice car mind before they graphic-xed it #-o
guy sold it to them for £5k, they put in uprated radiator/intercooler, some awful wheels, horrible snakeskin decals and an ECU and map. sold it back to him for £9.5k.

Robbed!

Return to “Spotted”