deepcar autobodies

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thomp1983

deepcar autobodies

Post by thomp1983 »

as some of you know i had an issue with my border carbon bonnet clouding up and generally going nasty. after hunting around local bodyshops and not finding anyone willing to touch carbon fibre i eventually stumbled upon a recommendation for deepcar autobodies.

i pm'd the boss dave a couple of queries about it and he said to bring it up, he even responded whilst on his holidays in turkey. took it up he gave one corner a quick polish and said he could probably do something with it so i left it with him, the pictures tell the story

he's done an unbelieveable job with what was quite a poor condition bonnet for a great price. he's on the same estate as sbits for anyone who wants to find them.

chris
craig

Re: deepcar autobodies

Post by craig »

I can only echo this, the talents of these guys is fantastic!

They've painted bits for me in the past, and painting bits for me now.

Recommended, flawless paintwork! :thumleft:
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Unfortunately I cant say the same and I wish I could, I paid a small fortune for my respray based entirely on reputation and I was let down massively. For clarification, this wasn't some cheap respray, this cost thousands.

A few of the issues I've noticed so far.

1. Finger print in the paint on the engine lid

2. Whilst cleaning and waxing the car for the first time, paint came off the wing mirror - Requiring a full repaint.

3. My drivers door wasn't put back on properly, so everytime I shut the it it caught the top of the sideskirt and damaged both.
(when discussed, the response: "this is what happens when you add non standard parts" Although you can visually see the misalignment of the door and the other side didn't do it)

4. The strips that run along the sides of the car were not fitted properly, the rear ones are bent outward, and the door ones are not fitted as the car came in leaving a non standard gap at the wrong end.

Update - (Sbits fitted the rear ones, but the ones on the door were fitted by DCA)

5. Some parts of the car, ie: the Toms winglets were painted and only partially lacquered, I can chip paint off with my fingernail.

6. Had a windscreen removed whilst painting and refitted, the bond failed on the top of the windscreen seal causing it to hang out and malform on the Lemans trip. Ill now need to replace this myself at a further cost, not an easy thing to come by, and there is a substantial wait involved in getting this part.

DCA use a third party

These are facts, Deepcar Autobodies did say they would sort for me when "I got back from Lemans" and there are many reasons I decided not to pursue this. Mainly - personal reasons, distance reasons and my own lack of trust at this stage but I want this post to deal with the facts, not how I felt.

I wish I could honestly give a good review and could recommend their services. But unfortunately I cant.

Sorry guys it didn't turn out well for me.

As always - make your own decisions based on your own research.
Last edited by l1ca on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Just to clarify on a few points due to a some more info.

Quick edit above to reflect.
Last edited by l1ca on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deepcar Autobodies

Post by Deepcar Autobodies »

Well to say Im astounded at your write up Dave is an understatement. So after speaking to you privately I will now have to correct your inaccuracies here too.

Firstly before I do, I shall note a few things. Any issues you have had we have done our utmost to sort out for you. You had an appointment with us to sort out your mirror and skirt, free of charge! Also the windscreen guy was arranged for the same day to come and sort that for you, again free of charge, but YOU never turned up, nor did you tell us you weren't coming.

We have worked long and hard over many years to build up the reputation that we have here, and never do we leave customers dissatisfied. We treat every customers car as we would our own. For you to say privatley that your opinion isnt a respected one in the IMOC community and that you wouldnt want to cause our company any harm is frankly a lie after reading your 'opinion' here.

1. Finger Print - NEVER have you mentioned this to us. ?? Id be shocked at this and no way would it have left us like that.
2. Wing Mirror - The paint hadn't simply come off as you put it Dave, and we had offered to respray it no problem.
3. Drivers Door - Not at error its actually your skirt, but not once did we give you an excuse or a cop out. The problem was NOT apparent when fitted but we have offered to rectify it.
4. Strips - NOT fitted by us.
5. some parts?? - Wingletts- RUBBISH, Nothing gets ''partially lacquered'' Dave and again NEVER mentioned to us.
6. Windscreen - AGAIN NOT FITTED BY US!! But in the case of the windscreen man, he did offer to refit FOC. You didnt turn up.

Here are just a few of the praises you sang about us Dave, so to see your frankly schizophrenic view of us now is shocking and unfair. You know this.

The Regamasters are finished! [Dancing] Dave at Deepcar Autobodies has done a steller job, im very very happy with how these have turned out.

I cant wait to see it painted, ive seen some of the painters previous work, and talk about attention to detail!

Thats right, I havnt seen it in person, but ive spent enough time gulping coffee down at Petes and spending time at Deepcar Autobodies chatting to Dave about the project and using that as an opportunity to see some of their previous -and- ongoing work, (which he was more than happy to show me) and it really solidified my trust in them. This bodyshop is a fair drive from mine so it isnt like I can pop down whenever I wanted to to check progress, so choosing a body shop I can trust was the most important factor.

Just did a quick google search and came to this : http://www.roadster-nc.com/2013/08/andr ... ey-nc.html he says it was take to Dave at Deepcar for a makeover, and if you check out the pics on this page, his work is, at Pete said, faultless.

Rob is right, this bodyshop in general is held in very high regard throughout the MX5 scene and if you check his Facebook account he has had stands up at some pretty high profile shows.

The guys at Deepcar are extremely talented, a prime, completed example are the Regas.
Find us on Facebook

l1ca

Post by l1ca »

I understand you're little upset at my comments, in my eyes they are totally justified but they are only my comments and im more than entitled to my opinion here, just as you are to defend yourself.

I did give you ample time to sort, you were made aware of the main issues before I even left the country, we even discussed before I left that you would get her back in when I returned.

When I returned, I text multiple times, called multiple times and I received no reply or call back then when I did It was a 3 month wait. How in any way is that reasonable when it was you that asked me to contact you when I returned to get her back in to sort? You knew I was due to be coming in soon. I dont understand why you didn't account for that - however ultimately how you guys work is none of my business.

You had an appointment with us to sort out your mirror and skirt, free of charge!

Of course you did, the rearranged appointment, after I expressed my distaste at the three month wait. However yes, I agree entirely, you did, but lets not get away form the fact it was warranty work though so no cost would ever be involved? :-s

Unless I've misunderstood how warranties work?

but YOU never turned up, nor did you tell us you weren't coming

Again I agree entirely, but by this point I had had my fill of chasing, texting multiple times, calling and getting no call back. I weighed up the pros and cons of coming back and ultimately I decided against it. Although I should have called and I did have every intention of doing so but for reasons I refuse to put on this forum it slipped my mind and I can nothing but apologise for that.

However for the record since we seem to be pointing fingers you guys didn't chase me either asking where I was or that you had me booked in, you cant have wanted to resolve the issues that much?

We have worked long and hard over many years to build up the reputation that we have here...

Entirely the reason I chose you, based on your reputation, based on word of mouth. However I am entitled to my opinion based solely on my own experience and that's all it is, my opinion. People on this forum are smart enough to make their own decision. They can either take what im saying, or discredit it.

Finger Print - NEVER have you mentioned this to us. ?? Id be shocked at this and no way would it have left us like that.

It obviously slipped under the radar, and it was something only recently discovered. But by the time I had found it, I had decided not to bring it back so there was no need to let you know.

Wing Mirror - The paint hadn't simply come off as you put it Dave, and we had offered to respray it no problem.

It kinda did, however ill elaborate here, got the car home, left it a few days, went to show a friend, gave it a good polish and a buff before I got to his and it was like the cloth rubbed the paint off? We discussed this...

Drivers Door - Not at error its actually your skirt, but not once did we give you an excuse or a cop out.

It never caught before the car was resembled, and neither did the other side catch after I got the car back. Also my sideskirts arnt some cheepo eBay copies with questionable build and fitment they are the genuine article and fitted and continue to fit perfectly, on both sides. The issue is not the sideskirt though.

The problem is the door, and its easy on the MR2 because of the side strips, which should be in-line but you can easily see that the door was out of line, and I double checked with the other side, which wasn't catching before I notified you. But your response was "this is what happens when you mess with panel gaps?" No gaps were changed, it was just the door was on a slight angle.

Could have been handed differently in my eyes, you were very reluctant to admit this problem could have been caused at your end.

Strips - NOT fitted by us.

Well for that I do apologise, and I retract any previous statement, these must have been fitted by Sbits.

some parts?? - Wingletts- RUBBISH, Nothing gets ''partially lacquered'' Dave and again NEVER mentioned to us.

The winglets are the small pieces that wraps around the end of the sideskirts, this was only found due to them having to be removed by the other bodyshop in order to adjust the door and fix the skirt and the bottom of the door where the paint had come off as rust was starting to form.

On the bottom of these you could see the paint cracking, not chipping from road debris, but cracking. There really was no lacquer on this part for clarity ive attached an image showing the issue.

Windscreen - AGAIN NOT FITTED BY US!! But in the case of the windscreen man, he did offer to refit FOC. You didnt turn up.

This was the first thing I approached you about, and your man was awfully difficult in securing a date, multiple messages went backwards and forwards regarding this. The problem here is I couldn't discuss it direct, you was acting as the middle man, but ultimately I paid DCA not your third party so I guess it was handled the way it should have been.

All this time I felt as though I couldn't drive the car with the windscreen having problems, it could have fell out, rainwater could have leaked in causing irrepairable damage and there was quite a lot of wind noise. So that's why I mentioned to you about hopefully him coming to me to sort. Which he wouldn't do (which is his call, if im out of his operating area then there's not much else to say here).

I did want to drive the car though, so I decided to take it somewhere locally to get the seal re-bonded as a quick fix, (it still needs properly sorting to this date) as the weather was taking a turn for the worse.

All this happened over a couple of weeks after I got back, in my eyes more than an ample time to resolve. but like you say. It was financially more sensible to get it done locally for free, than drive to you guys, leave the car, get a taxi to the train station, get the train home, wait, get the train back, get a taxi to your address.

Instead I dubiously drove for 5 mins and got some sealant squirted in.

The Regamasters are finished! Dave at Deepcar Autobodies has done a steller job, im very very happy with how these have turned out

The guys at Deepcar are extremely talented, a prime, completed example are the Regas.

And I stand by it.

Before:

After:

The problem isn't the wheels, and the wheels only cost a fraction that the the full respray and rebuild did.

Rob is right, this bodyshop in general is held in very high regard throughout the MX5 scene and if you check his Facebook account he has had stands up at some pretty high profile shows.

You are and you do, I have never said otherwise, but that doesnt negate my opinion surely?

The problems were never the ultimate issue, there can be problems in anything, absolutely anything. But im sorry to say the way it has been handled hasn't been the best. Doors can be repaired, scuffs can be fixed but the way its been handled really could have been different.

I trust that DCA are open to customer reviews, both positively and negatively and I hope that this feedback is taken seriously and overall a better service provided to your current and future customers.

Return to “Trader Feedback”