Rev 2 na UK spec to rev2 turbo

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cooper514

Rev 2 na UK spec to rev2 turbo

Post by cooper514 »

Hi guys I done this conversion a while ago car starts and drives fine just need sort the little niggles out the speedo isn't working and the temperature gauge isn't working anyone no the colour of the wires which needs to go were cheers James
PW@Woodsport

Re: Rev 2 na UK spec to rev2 turbo

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Did you swap the kickwell to engine bay loom as well or just the engine loom only?

I can fix both issues for you remotely, but need to know that first.
cooper514

Post by cooper514 »

Hi bud thanks for quick reply I swap the engine and loom to pass anger foot well cheers james
cooper514

Post by cooper514 »

Bump
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Have patience paul will see you right. You normally get a response from him around 7am before he dons the gimp suit for another day
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

To test the gauge wiring, earth out the yellow/green wire at the temp sender with the ignition on, the gauge should deflect to max, if it doesn't then there is a wire break somewhere, if it does then you need a new temp sender.

Speedo, using a multimeter, unplug the speedo and check there is 12v at the black/yellow wire with ignition on, then check there is continuity from the brown wire to ground, finally check the purple wire has continuity from the plug all the way to the purple on your clocks.

If the wiring checks out it could be the cog has come off the speedo drive, which is common.

Good luck. :thumleft:

Return to “Electrical”