[FINALIZED] 1995 | Rev 3 Turbo | GT Spec | T-Bar | Steel Mist Grey | WORK Equips | 75 000

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SrSilkie

1995 | Rev 3 Turbo | GT Spec | T-Bar | Steel Mist Grey | WORK Equips | 75 000

Post by SrSilkie »

The time has come for a change and I’m selling my MR2 after 2 years of enjoyment.

S U M M A R Y
The car is a 1995 Revision 3 finished in Steel Mist Grey with 75,127 on the clock, which will of course be a mix of km and miles but reads in miles. It will rise slightly as this is my daily.

It is also a GT Spec T-Bar which includes leather / alcantara seats, leather / alcantara door cards, steering fog lights and retractable wing mirrors.

2 UK owners including myself.

Imported in 2000, this car was garage kept by an MR2 enthusiast until the owner unfortunately fell into bad health. The car was then sold through a family friend, Keith Gibbs whom owns Keith Gibbs Motor Company in Newcastle Under Lyme. Due to complications with the owner and his property all service history in his ownership was lost. I therefor had no choice but to buy this car on condition and how it drove, it was the honestly the best gamble I have ever taken. When I bought the car it was completely stock with 59,000 miles (receipt to confirm) and an aftermarket exhaust system. I have however started to build my own service history with receipts which are all filed.

Upon purchase 2 years and 16,000 miles ago the dealership carried out the following work (have receipt):
Engine oil + filter change
Coolant replaced
Spark plugs replaced - I also have a new set to go with the car also.
Water pump replaced
Timing belt replaced

The car has been serviced every 5000 miles since I have owned it with Fuchs Titan Race Pro S and a filter change. The car is always run on Shell V Power and washed once a week, polished every other.

The gearbox is smooth in and out of every gear and the clutch is great, never slips and has plenty of life.

The bodywork and paint on this MR2 are both very good for it’s age, the paint comes up like glass and there are no major dents or scratches. The arches are rust free however the driver side sill has started to show the early signs that it will need the back section close to the rear wheel stripped back and assessed in future, I was quoted £200-300 depending on the work required, please see photos. The passenger sill is in good order.

The interior in this car is also in excellent condition.

The car has just been through an MOT and passed with no advisories.

Performance wise this car is running stock boost as it is my daily and I need the engine to be as reliable as possible. I have however uprated the intercooler to a Phoenix’s Power side mount which is dubbed the best side mount for these cars and rated to around 500hp, replaced the stock air box with an S2000 cone filter and fitted a Blitz Nur Spec R 3” cat back system. On boost this car sounds absolutely fantastic and sends the needle straight into the plus mark on the gauge without hesitation, there for you can assume the car has no boost issues. Also the fumes are clean with no signs of oil contamination, on or off boost.

E N G I N E
Blitz Nur Spec R - Excellent condition including flexi.
Phoenix’s Power Side Mount Intercooler - Arguably the best side mount for the MR2.
Greddy Type R Blow Off Valve - Adjustable.
S2000 Air Filter - With IAT sensor plumbed in.
TOM’S Radiator Cap.
TRD Oil Cap.

S U S P E N S I O N
Meister R Zeta R Coilovers - Bought new, covered around 1000 - 2000 miles with Adjustable top front mounts and adjustable dampers all round.
New droplinks all round.
TOM’S Front Strut Brace - Finished in metallic black.
TOM’S Rear Strut Brace - Finished in metallic black.
Eibach Camber Bolts - Front.

B R A K E S
Chris Wilson Fast Road Pads - Bought new, with around 1000 - 2000 miles on them.

E X T E R I O R
T-Bar Roof - Storage bags and roof shades present.
JDM Amber Sidelights - I also have a UK set that can go with the car.
Retractable Wing Mirrors - Work
Steering Fog lamps - Work
Rear arches have been rolled - Paint did not crack.
Quad light mod for rear lights.

I N T E R I O R
Leather / Alcantara Seats.
Leather / Alcantara Door Cards.
10th Anniversary Stainless Sill Trim.
Rev 4 Leather Airbag Wheel - Airbag removed.
TRD Duracon Gear Knob - Have standard also.
Zig Zag Man In Dandism Floor Mats - Good condition.
JDM Footwell Flare.
JDM Rescueman III

A U D I O
Edge 6.5” Front Speakers.
Edge 4” Rear Speakers.
Sony MEX - BT4000U Bluetooth Head unit.

S E C U R I T Y
Clifford Alarm System

W H E E L S
Genuine 17” WORK Equips, fully refinished in satin silver with polished dishes, bolts were replaced with brand new WORK bolts also. Center caps are included. Staggered fitment.
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres - 215/40/17 front and 245/40/17 rear (Between 1000-2000 miles on them) I will measure exactly.

or

Standard 15” revision .3 wheels
Standard Wheel Nuts.
Firestone 195/55/15 - Front tyres, plenty tread.
Michelin Pilot Exalto 225/50/15 - Rear tyres, 3.5mm.

B A D P O I N T S
It is a 20 year old car and is not as it left the showroom. As stated above, the off side sill will need attention in future though not yet advised on MOT.
The rear bumper has a slight mark on it, it has always been there and the front splitter could do with a respray as it has a fair amount of stone chips. This my daily however so these imperfections really have never bothered me. Also the rear bumper has rub marks where the rear wheels have scrubbed on harsh bumps, the arches are rolled so they have not rubbed against body itself, once the rear bumper is trimmed slightly there should be no scrubbing.
Lack of service history, 1 Toyota key with Clifford fob.
T-Bar leaks slightly on passenger side.

I must say however despite these negatives the car is immaculate underneath and drives spot on.

P H O T O G R A P H S

I will update with photos of the sills, underside, interior and engine bay over the weekend.

P R I C E
£7000 with the WORK Equips.
£5200 with the standard wheels.

This car is a lovely example and I will not see it go cheap. I feel there is a market for well kept genuine MR2 turbo’s and this is certainly one of them. If there are parts you do not require in order to bring the price down into your budget, we can of course negotiate. The car is currently on IMOC exclusively as I would prefer it go to an enthusiast. I am also open to selling the Equips separately.

Please note, I have requested for the private plate to go on retention and will not be sold with the car.

C O N T A C T
Ross - 07540 233145.
Location - Stirling, Scotland.

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

P A R T E X C H A N G E
350Z GT Spec - Grey, Black. Manual.
Last edited by SrSilkie on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [FINALIZED] 1995 | Rev 3 Turbo | GT Spec | T-Bar | Steel Mist Grey | WORK Equips | 75 000

Post by Ryan S »

Shame to see you selling up mate :( Please stick to your guns on price, I noticed recently the prices for decent Mr2s are through the roof just now! Your car is worth that asking price all day long!! Spanking looking car!!
bigal

Re: [FINALIZED] 1995 | Rev 3 Turbo | GT Spec | T-Bar | Steel Mist Grey | WORK Equips | 75 000

Post by bigal »

Yes stick to your guns on the price, decent MR2 turbos that have been well looked after are going to be highly sought after.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Shame to see you selling this fella but we all need a change now and then. I would add my testimony that this car is visually stunning and performs excellently, I've been out on a run with him in this car before. It's worth the money all day long.
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Thank you for the kind words guys.

Ryan I totally agree...I will be firm on price as I really do feel the car is worth the money.

That's it Calum, everybody needs a change and I have a fair amount of cars I would like to own, however owning them all at once isn't exactly cost effective at the moment haha, maybe one day.
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

That's a beautiful looking 2 GLWTS :thumleft:
JLW

Post by JLW »

Morning Ross, just sent you a text.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was JLW

Return to “MR2s for Sale”