www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
6spd Mk1 Turbo in the Toyota Sprint Series
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaiowas

Feedback Score: 10

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: 6spd Mk1 Turbo in the Toyota Sprint Series Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I've realised that I don't really post much of my antics in here so I thought I'd start with a video from last weekends sprint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka0UeAyJvpg

Last edited by kaiowas on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great stuff. Straighten your wheel up Phil! [tongue]
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
kaiowas

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I know, it's one of those things I forget about until I'm driving the car and by then it's too late to do anything about it.
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nicely done, good to see a 6 speed being put through its paces!

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Prompted by Lauren, I've been out and straightened the steering wheel this morning.
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 6

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Nice, oh and the little things always make a big difference.
elbon50

Feedback Score: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

kaiowas wrote:
Prompted by Lauren, I've been out and straightened the steering wheel this morning.

Lauren gets us all knocked into shape [Smile]

I even bought genuine Toyota coolant (shock horror) [Whistle]

Last edited by elbon50 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[thumbsup] [tongue]
kaiowas

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Went to Croft at the weekend, videos of one tidy run and one hooligan run

https://youtu.be/Nw9Y_Wz9CHo

https://youtu.be/HzyR-f5PTOw

Next up is Cadwell at the end of the month. Been carrying an issue with low power over the last couple of events but looking the data from Croft it looks like a boost leak (Boost is lower than normal and the wideband is reading very rich suggesting that not all of the air passing the AFM is making it into the engine!).

Also managed to kill the starter whilst the car was on the trailer! It was fine all day and loaded it up as normal. Got home, rolled it off the trailer with gravity assistance then went to start it and there was just a clunk from the solenoid. Did some investigating and found that one of the bearings in the starter had disintegrated and locked it up. New bits on the way so that should be sorted soon.
kaiowas

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Has it really been a year since I last updated this? [Embarassed]

There's a fair bit happened in the last year too...

The major winter project was replacing the supercharger with a turbo. Didn't quite get it done for the first round so ended up starting the season with a low compression n/a but it's all been awesome since then.

Engine is currently a smallport/oil squirter 4AGZE running an n/a inlet manifold, S15 Silvia ball bearing turbo, Omex standalone ECU, 7M-GTE 440cc injectors and ST205 chargecooler. Not had it on a dyno properly yet so can't give a power figure but there's still more to come as I've kept the boost low to prove everything out before going silly with it. Plans for this winter include some RR time, refine the mapping and increase the boost. (Currently at 0.7 bar but the turbo should be good for 1-1.1 before it runs out of puff)

Most recent development was the addition of some nice wide 13" wheels and bolt on arches which have massively increased the grip at the last sprint over the weekend, in the end I was only beaten by the Fensport GT86 and a well sorted ST205 with some massive Holset truck turbo on it.

Got a pic of my wheels/arches too:

[/img]
Ben
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

2001 BMW M5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It's been great seeing this develop this year. You doing the Javelin sprint at Snetterton as well? [Wink] [Dancing]
kaiowas

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Undecided yet, I'd like to do it, but then I'd also like to get smashed at the TSS end of season bash and I can only really do one of those things.

My pace at the weekend (About 3 1/2 seconds quicker than when I did Croft with the Javelin series earlier this year) has me leaning towards doing the Javelin sprint as I reckon I can give the the non-Elise cars in C2 a decent run now.
tottacrolla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Scary 'moment' @ 33 seconds ? [Embarassed]
kaiowas

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

tottacrolla wrote:

Nah, all under control.

Had a fairly big moment at Croft this year which I might stick up though (Locked the back under braking into Tower and spent a couple of seconds trying to gather it all up whilst scubbing off speed so that I didn't end up in the field!)
tottacrolla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

kaiowas wrote:
tottacrolla wrote:

Nah, all under control.

Had a fairly big moment at Croft this year which I might stick up though (Locked the back under braking into Tower and spent a couple of seconds trying to gather it all up whilst scubbing off speed so that I didn't end up in the field!)

It sounded like you had a moment. or should that be movement ?
kaiowas

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

tottacrolla wrote:

It sounded like you had a moment. or should that be movement ?

Understand now, I had no sound when I looked earlier. My old setup with the 15s used to rub slightly at full compression in tight corners. Was only ever evident in right hand hairpins, shouldn't be a problem on the 13s although I won't know for sure until we do Snetterton in a couple of weeks where there's another similar corner
pistol pete
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i managed to see this go off the lines at croft.. looks and sounds awesome!!!
aw11rally

Feedback Score: 5

1984 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Awesome (in both appearance and performance by all accounts!).

Please don't spare the details.

What wheels and tyres?
kaiowas

1985 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Wheels are 13x8 Compomotive CX
Tyres are 235/45/13 Kumho V70 in the soft compound

I was watching the 2014/2015 Croft videos again earlier and it looks so slow compared to how it goes now, definitely need to get a more recent video sorted.
bwrc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Interesting that two members with competition cars you and AW11rally have reverted to 13" wheels to compensate for the ratios of the 6 speed gearbox.

What brakes are you using to fit inside these wheels?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: