[Mk2] [Turbo] Viper alarm problem

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markstevieandmads

[Mk2] [Turbo] Viper alarm problem

Post by markstevieandmads »

I went to get my car out the garage (rev 2 turbo) and found I had lost my keys.
Luckily I have a spare key and also a spare pager fob for the viper480xv alarm.
Unfortunately the pager fob has always played up. Battery goes flat after a few days on it and it loses sync with the car and needs the battery removed and put back in to resync.
I can use the car like this but it's a pain. It also goes off if I leave the t bar off and I have a parasitic drain because of it. All not big problems as the car battery is disconnected in the garage when not in use.
Now I can get hold of another fob for £40 but I've read I need the pin code and valet switch to reprogrammed it. I have a little push button which I guess is the valet switch but there is no pin code in the paperwork I got, just the install cert.

So the other option is to remove the alarm and put another in. The local autoelectician has quoted £350 to remove old alarm and install a new cobra cat1.

Another option is I strip the car down to find the main viper box and replace the alarm myself with one from eBay or something.

Does anyone have any ideas with the viper alarm or any experience with another type of alarm to get?

Return to “Electrical”