Red mk2- my return to jap

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mister two

Red mk2- my return to jap

Post by mister two »

Hi guys. Not had my car long, picked it up a fortnight ago from a dealer near Blackpool

My first proper project was a 350z. Loved it to bits, but had to sell when I became a dad. Bought it as standard and did mainly cosmetic mods on it. Still wish I could've kept it

Then when I sold it I went for an R33 gtst. It was taking shape nicely but got written off last October

Both these were my daily drivers. With the skyline I was getting a bit bored with the 90s jap interior and the clutch in rush hour traffic. So decided to go German. This is my current daily

As much as I love having a cruiser for work I felt the urge to get my teeth into another project. Decided weekend toy was the way to go. Had to be on a budget as I have a lot on just now so decided a mk2 was the one for me. Nothing else took my fancy for the budget. Considered celicas and preludes etc but the mr2 is that bit more special. Plenty of smiles per mile

This is what I went for. Gotta love pop up lights lol

mister two

Re: Red mk2- my return to jap

Post by mister two »

Lots planned for it but first things first it needs a clean

Outside is in decent enough nick. Shiny from a distance but some fade in areas and plenty of swirls. But as a start I'm more than happy. Only 60k on the clock so interior is good, bolsters are rear free. But man it stinks!

The dealer was near farms and it was really smelly outside that day. Sitting in the car on the forecourt it smelled like roses inside but as I drove back to glasgow I realised how bad it was

Tried some wipes and this is what was coming off the plastics. It was never ending

A week later still no improvement in the smell so I gave the seats a shampoo. Hoovered them, upholstery shampoo then scrubbed with hot soapy water and a towel. This is what came out each seat

Any smokers looking for inspiration to quit? That's how your lungs look lol

Left the blowers on hot for a while and it's made a huge difference

Next is service and cambelt change, front pads and replace the gear knob and gaitor

Eventually it will be treated to a full bodykit, custom arches, dropped to the ground and some huge wheels. Unfortunately these will take place next year but can't beat some forward planning
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Looks really clean man!! :thumleft:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Alright buddy, car looks plenty clean Outside. I need some inspiration to clean my seats as they are stinking but planning to get a new shell and do it bit by bit.
I see you are in Glasgow, defo seen the reg plate before.. What part you in? :thumleft:
mister two

Post by mister two »

Cheers guys

I'm in the southside but work in the west end. I'm usually in the beemer but it had been out and about a few times

See your car all the time mate. I put a spotted thread up

First time I saw it near the Lorne hotel was when I was getting serious about buying one. If I saw you I would've asked to buy it lol
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

I stay next to Lorne hotel :thumleft:
Always up west end aswell, and in town so pretty much everywhere :eye:
Give me a flash next time you pass :thumleft:
mister two

Post by mister two »

Better late than never....

I was planning on having the car ready for show season this year but just had so much on my plate that this has taken a back seat

But I'm planning on getting it ready for next year and Iv finally got round to ordering some mods

1st on the list was some carben fibre arches, courtesy of JD

Also looking at some leather seats and projector headlights, and ordered a touch screen double din head unit

Next are wide wheels and coilovers
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Clean looking two, fairly standard by the looks of it so an interesting journey ahead, as said before, really like the 350z you had, i'm looking at ones just now, prefer the nismo kit but not sure on colour at the moment.

anyway, i'll be keeping an eye on this cars progress, good luck :thumleft:
mister two

Post by mister two »

Thanks mate

It will be be better than yours once it's done :lol:

Glad my zed is inspiring you to get one. You'll love it, great cars. Have you test driven one yet? I think they look great in blue, red, black and white

Keep your eye on 350z-uk.com for general advice and cars for sale

Return to “Member Profiles”