ST205 GT4 ECU

Post by Peter Gidden »

As above.

£110 delivered.
androo007

Re: ST205 GT4 ECU

Post by androo007 »

Hi Peter

What's the advantage over a stock rev 3 turbo ecu?

Cheers
shinny

Post by shinny »

androo007 wrote:Hi Peter

What's the advantage over a stock rev 3 turbo ecu?

Cheers

There's are entire threads about this ECU and the conversion. Toxo did a back to back test and got 7bhp more at the top end, IIRC. It also fuelled a little richer coming on boost. However, it is expecting to control a charge cooler pump, and you'll get a constant CEL without one. There are documented ways of fooling them, but apparently they're not 100% reliable (I guess they work for some people and not others). For that reason, the normal conclusion I've seen is that you pick one up to run the ST205 charge cooler and don't bother otherwise. Peter may have some other wisdom though :thumleft:
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Thank you shinny
2mad

Post by 2mad »

If you can get it to work and Petes in the know .. theres some extra brum brum in it for you :thumleft: will have one for sale soon myself .
hkwc104

Post by hkwc104 »

Potentially interested as I'm having my car done at Peter's (including the fitting of a chargecooler) but the reliability issue is a bit of a concern so would be interested to hear Peter's thoughts on this...
shinny

Post by shinny »

hkwc104 wrote:Potentially interested as I'm having my car done at Peter's (including the fitting of a chargecooler) but the reliability issue is a bit of a concern so would be interested to hear Peter's thoughts on this...

Reliability issue? There's no reliability issue if you're controlling a GT4 chargecooler pump. In fact it gives you added protection as well as improved fuelling maps. The issue only exists if you're trying to run the ECU on a car within a chargecooler.
hkwc104

Post by hkwc104 »

shinny wrote:
hkwc104 wrote:Potentially interested as I'm having my car done at Peter's (including the fitting of a chargecooler) but the reliability issue is a bit of a concern so would be interested to hear Peter's thoughts on this...

Reliability issue? There's no reliability issue if you're controlling a GT4 chargecooler pump. In fact it gives you added protection as well as improved fuelling maps. The issue only exists if you're trying to run the ECU on a car within a chargecooler.

I mis-read your post so thanks for the clarification :thumleft:

Could you (or someone) clarify whether there might be any issues if the pump being used isn't the standard GT4 pump i.e. a Bosch one?
shinny

Post by shinny »

hkwc104 wrote:Could you (or someone) clarify whether there might be any issues if the pump being used isn't the standard GT4 pump i.e. a Bosch one?

I honestly don't know about that, sorry :oops:

Return to “Parts For Sale By Traders”