www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
BRAND NEW 'ARC' style Intake Box - Run of 20 units only!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Group Buys - MR2 related
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashley

Feedback Score: 56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

androo007 wrote:
Not available for the MR2 according to that website. Only panel filters.

You would need to buy one of there general use air boxes, and they bolt straight onto the 3S engine...picture from my old track car:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r420/fomoashman333/BMC3.jpg
kev8611

Feedback Score: 4

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great idea... but it is expensive.

Hopefully im not coming across all dragons den here but i only mean good with this.

I think your main problem is that your trying to sell a top end part to people that they havent even seen or has not been tested.

perhaps see if they can make a prototype for you and put it on the rollers and lets see some figures.

if the workmanship is as good as you make it sound and there is a substantial gain over cheaper options then people will splash out.... but not on something that doesnt exist. To get 20 names on this is a big ask. Yes ok you say it looks like an arc but people will still want to see it.
androo007

Feedback Score: 10

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Absolutely mate, completely understand.

It is actually, a carbon copy of an ARC, I gave my original over and then it was measured, CAD designed etc etc.

If I got a reasonable amount of interest I'd have got a sample made up etc etc but seems almost 0.

I got it down further in the end but didn't persue further due to the general lack of interest and not near the 250 i think people expect

Maybe I'll continue other avenues for smaller numbers and cheaper options but thanks for the feedback [Smile]
androo007

Feedback Score: 10

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ashley wrote:
androo007 wrote:
Not available for the MR2 according to that website. Only panel filters.

You would need to buy one of there general use air boxes, and they bolt straight onto the 3S engine...picture from my old track car:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r420/fomoashman333/BMC3.jpg

I see....... Hmm yes I guess that would work. I guess what I like about the ARC is the huge open surface area of the panel filter
Peter Gidden - SBITS
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 18

2002 Noble M500

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

androo007 wrote:
I guess what I like about the ARC is the huge open surface area of the panel filter

Do a bit of research on max. CFM of engine etc., and choose a filter that suits.

No point in using something unnecessarily over-size.
Brighton National Speed Trials Class Record Holder 2010 on
Nails
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 15

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

When you say the ARC boxes went for for over 350 quid 10+ years ago MR2s were a lot more expensive too. Infact most tuning stuff was much more expensive then imo. I paid a grand for a set of coilovers that I could buy a much better set for 450 now.

I'd of like to have seen these made and may have been interested but not at that price.

I'm out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Group Buys - MR2 related All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: