[Mk2] [NA] alarm issue

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sheep

[Mk2] [NA] alarm issue

Post by sheep »

Hoping someone car help with this alarm issue. Opened my car as normal this morning using the key fob and my alarm went off, i couldnt turn off the alarm using the fob it just kept going it would then stop for a minute then go off again. I tried starting the car which started fine and the alarm went off again so i knew it wasnt to do with the imobilizer. In the end i cut the wire going to the siren as i couldnt disconnect the plug. Since doing that mr radio and clock have both stopped working. I did notice the connector to the siren was soaking wet so hoping its just shorted out but i dont under stand why the clock and radio would cut out - any ideas.
sheep

Re: [Mk2] [NA] alarm issue

Post by sheep »

Just noticed that my interior lights no longer work. Are the interior lights,radio and clock allbon one use ? Any one know where it may be.
sheep

Re: [Mk2] [NA] alarm issue

Post by sheep »

Sorted out the lights, radio, clock and cig lighter i blew the dome fuse when i cut the alarm siren loom. Just need to replace the siren now.

Return to “ICE and Security”