[Mk2] [Generic] dab aerials

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

drunknmunky

[Mk2] [Generic] dab aerials

Post by drunknmunky »

Hi guys,
Firstly am a newbie to the forum so hi to all, just bought a rev 5 t-bar and loving it so far :) got a couple questions though, sure they've been asked before but can't find the answers!
Firstly, do active systems make fitting an aftermarket head unit difficult?
Also, I'm wanting to fit a dab stereo, so obviously it will need a dab aerial. I believe there is a converter I can buy so I can still use the electric standard aerial, would rather that than have to stick something else in the windscreen, but are the converters any good or not? Also would the converter still let it go up and down? Or am I better sticking the thing in the screen?
Not too clued up on new fangled digital stuff #-o
Thanks in advance
Andy
rev3gtturbo

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] dab aerials

Post by rev3gtturbo »

Welcome to the forum.

I am still on an aftermarket CD/FM radio headunit with usb. I had been asking an ICE guy early last year about DAB radio (when I was having a speaker upgrade).
Might be wrong, but I thought he said the future is in streaming internet radio rather DAB?
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

never had any issues wiring a DAB unit to the standard aerial, never seen any adaptors ( but never really looked ) I was told this SHOULD NOT work but I never had any issues.
Last edited by fred130111 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

If anything in my experience the standard aerials on cars joined to DAB units work much better than the big magnetic things they come with or the window mounted ones.

This isn't the correct way to go about it but like I say I never had any problems with it :)

Return to “ICE and Security”