[Mk2] [NA] Clifford concept 300 fitted. Now won't start.

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BALDYMONSTER

[Mk2] [NA] Clifford concept 300 fitted. Now won't start.

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Came out of the ships and disarmed my car, no clifford chirp just the car horn going off. Presumably the standard system.

Armed and disarmed several times got the usual clifford chirp and all the dash lights come on and correct lights go out etc.

Car will not even try to turn over or even try to, totally dead like it's immobilised.

Rac on the way, any ideas what I could do to reset things?

Regards,

pi$$ed off bald guy.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Clifford concept 300 fitted. Now won't start.

Post by Peter Gidden »

So did the RAC confirm the immobilisor is working correctly?
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Was traced back to a bad earth on the starter relay which has now been "temporarily" bypassed.

But it looks like some whopper decided to, at least in part. Leave the standard toyota alarm system still installed!

This would explain the horn going off when I deactivated the clifford system, perhaps some sort of cheap voltage drop signal that set it off.

Need to find an auto spark in Scotland to make sure the toyota alarm system is completely removed and the clifford is correctly installed before this becomes more problematic.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

If you want to have a crack at it your self , pdf instructions and pinouts .. http://www.outlawjapclub.co.uk/ojc/clif ... ept300.pdf
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

2mad wrote:If you want to have a crack at it your self , pdf instructions and pinouts .. http://www.outlawjapclub.co.uk/ojc/clif ... ept300.pdf

Thanks, but I am to any sort of electrics as King Herrod was to babysitting.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

BALDYMONSTER wrote:
2mad wrote:If you want to have a crack at it your self , pdf instructions and pinouts .. http://www.outlawjapclub.co.uk/ojc/clif ... ept300.pdf

Thanks, but I am to any sort of electrics as King Herrod was to babysitting.

Haha lol .. Its not cheap getting a auto sparky in , I know how much I would charge =; .. well worth having a go your self .. Whats the worst that can happen, you need to get a sparky in lol :eye:

Return to “ICE and Security”