www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
JAE NW Convoy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2014
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Feedback Score: 7

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: JAE NW Convoy Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Though id pop this up

My lad (WIlki) & I are heading down to JAE Friday Morning September 5th

If anyone else from thup north like, want to join in the more the merrier

We usually meet up at the
Motorway: M6 Lymn Services Junction 20 WA13 OSP around 10ish

we go the toll road, main reason is for our Top Gear Homage, a MR2 in each lane convoy abreast, so to speak

to the A14 then the A6 to Wicksteed Park, anyone wanting tag along pop your name down, we can finalise up nearer the time

regards Brian

Hail Cosmos Eagle 1998 -
RIP White Eagle 1991 - 2016
al/c

Feedback Score: 12

1997 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: nw convoy Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i was thinking about going thursday, only as i,ve already booked the time off [Think]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I may do that depends on wilki the younger
al/c

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: convoy Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i,m definately going thursday, happy to meet with anyone else thinking about it from the northwest, timings can be arranged to suit [thumleft]
Fer fecks ache

Feedback Score: 1

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I was thinking of going, and if I do try it out I'm up for joining a convoy, only I'm a total jae virgin and haven't a clue what go's on, from what i can see its just a heap of cars meeting in a field, to tyre kick each others rides and have a chat, sleeping out in tents, and playing IKO from the 1970's tv show. Im not sure if thats enough to bring me down from scotland, unless we have a bit of car racing, drag racing, good live bands to see in the night etc, along with trade stands and maybe a wet t-shirt competition for the ladies, etc, my tent is perched at the ready along with my gas cooker, but could some veteran members praps enlighten me as to what really go's on an if I should go.
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

HI matey there's no car racing or drag racing, there's RC drifting!

have a look at the past event JAE 2013 and the JAE 2014 chit chat

there a few come down for scotland each year

http://wicksteedpark.org/events/

https://www.facebook.com/JapaneseAutoExtravaganza/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

JAE 2012
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=167509

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=165158

JAE 2013 section
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=112

Its probably more than the cars, its about looking around cars, yeah for sure, but its that chance to meet up with old friends, meet new ones, not just in IMOC but other clubs too, i will be popping round to our next door neighbour on MR2OC to catch up with old friends, as well as other Two Brutal etc.

regards Brian
Fer fecks ache

Feedback Score: 1

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: thanks brian Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well perhaps ill try an book time off to give it a go then, thanks for the info and links, need the martoo to pass its mot next week etc.

can you book some blistering sunshine then, i hate camping in the rain etc, water on your fried eggs is never a good thing!!!!!!

any one from north of NW meeting up around scottish borders to then join up with the others further down and try an get a huge convoy??? conrad. [Twisted Evil]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi oukie is from thup your way [Smile]

You can find him, hes posted on the JAE attendees list, perhaps give him a pm?

or post in the JAE chit chat thread

cheers

brian
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm going down on the Thursday with Indy. [Smile]
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
al/c

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: convoy Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

good to hear the club mascot will be there, what time are you thinking of lauren. [Smile]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yes, Indy loves JAE, should be fun. [Smile]

Mid morning would suit, Sandbach services 11am or can do a bit earlier?
al/c

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: convoy Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

works for me,11am at sandbach would be fine [thumleft]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cool! [Smile]
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

OK anyone going down on the Friday Morning? from the NW?

or if not and anyone is going down Friday morning form Yorkshire way, down the A1, that way is juts as easy for us
samgpr50

Feedback Score: 11

1995 Toyota MR2 MK2 BeamsVVTi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

wilkie senior wrote:
OK anyone going down on the Friday Morning? from the NW?

or if not and anyone is going down Friday morning form Yorkshire way, down the A1, that way is juts as easy for us

I'll be going Friday. We could meet at the services off junction 16 m6 if you like? As you come off you get to a roundabout go around it and there is a shell. Will have to exchange numbers again to finalize though.
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi sam
Yeah just pm me or FB messager your number again, why i didnt save it last time dooohh

we have PMRs walkie talkies makes it a bit more fun on the way down

cheers Brian
al/c

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: convoy Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

due to being offered a job i can,t turn down i,ll be coming down friday as well so can arrange to meet up where ever [thumleft]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm back to being on my lonesome again! [Wink]

Unless anyone else wants to meet Thursday?
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

At least you have mark and Indi pops ha ha
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just Indy, think Mark is coming Saturday or Friday despite me getting him a Thursday ticket!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Past JAE Shows -> JAE 2014 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: