Rev2/3 Turbo LSD Gearbox

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Rev2/3 Turbo LSD Gearbox

Post by Peter Gidden »

For sale on behalf of Chris Ward is his Rev2 LSD gearbox (same as Rev3-5).

Always worked faultlessly, but always dripped oil. His local garage diagnosed a cracked casing, most likely from incorrectly jacking up. So he had it replaced.

Had geaerbox delivered to me, and we found a stripped drain plug thread in the gearbox case.

So we have fully degreased, removed old gear case and fitted a replacement gear case.

Price £350.00 collected from our workshop. Can pallet deliver anywhere at cost.
Bumble-bee

Re: Rev2/3 Turbo LSD Gearbox

Post by Bumble-bee »

So it no longer has the leak? And where about area you located? And how much would you charge to deliver to Swanley Kent if it's too far to pick up
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

Bumble-bee wrote:So it no longer has the leak? And where about area you located? And how much would you charge to deliver to Swanley Kent if it's too far to pick up

No, the leak is no more. The stripped thread could not be reliably repared, so i replaced the whole casing.

I'm based in Sheffield.

Delivery by courier on a pallet will be £45.00.
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:

No, the leak is no more. The stripped thread could not be reliably repared, so i replaced the whole casing.

I'm based in Sheffield.

Ok mate, it there any warren tt provided with the gearbox or deals on the price including postage
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

Bumble-bee wrote:
Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:

I'm based in Sheffield.

Ok mate, it there any warren tt provided with the gearbox or deals on the price including postage

The courier fee is fixed.

Price of gearbox is fixed by Chris (CWard) on this forum. PM him if you want to make him an offer.

My work is guaranteed, i.e. the casing and associated parts will not leak. As for the gearbox, it's not mine, it's Chris's gearbox, so i am not warrantying the gearbox itself, but as i said, i have known the car for 5 years and driven the car on several occassions without fault.

If you want a warranted gearbox, then you'll need to pay for a reconditioned box, which will be £500+.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Bumble-bee wrote:Ok mate, it there any warren tt provided with the gearbox or deals on the price including postage

Hi, I'm the owner of the gearbox. Obviously I can't give you a warranty but I can tell it was behaving fine apart from the oil leak. No strange noises and all gears engaged smoothly.

I think £350 is a fair price - I'm not making much from this after paying for the new casing and the labour required to fit it. Send me a PM if you want to discuss further.
supabaz86

Post by supabaz86 »

Hi would this fit onto my rev 1 turbo as it crunches in second all the time. Would I have to change speedos etc thanks
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

supabaz86 wrote:Hi would this fit onto my rev 1 turbo as it crunches in second all the time. Would I have to change speedos etc thanks

Sorry it's already sold.

Correct me if I'm wrong Peter?

Return to “Parts For Sale By Traders”