whats this?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

boondougal

whats this?

Post by boondougal »

Just wondered if someone could tell me what this connector is that i have found on my 1989 n/a.

I'm stripping it out as its gong for a load of body work and a re-spray and under the carpet under the drivers seat i found this connector :-k

Any ideas? \:D/

Image[/URL][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]
tunna_uk

Re: whats this?

Post by tunna_uk »

I think that was for the Toyota Stereo amplifier fitted to some cars.
System-G

Post by System-G »

On early cars (Pre 87) there was a "sub" fitted under the driver's seat. The later version got rear speakers (which the earlier cars didn't get) and no "sub". It's not real sub - more like low-mids.
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

If you look around the car you will find lots of unused harness plugs as toyota used common harnesses for all cars but there are different specs for different markets so some plugs remain unused. could well be the plug for the undersaet speaker used on the MK1a but dropped in the UK on the MK1b the colours seem to be right for speakers :wink:
boondougal

Post by boondougal »

=D> cheers guys, kind of thought that would be the case but i guess you don't know untill you ask!!

thanks for the info,,might be asking lots of questions when it comes to putting my baby back together again!!!
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Theres quite a few of those in the car especially in the engine bay & under the dash.
Garrick i see the cog arrived safely then, hope its what you need, cheers, Jinxy :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”