which non-mk1 wheel arches fit the mk1?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

phild

Post by phild »

Hi,
There are far too many Mk1's going to the scrappy at the moment which with a little T&C could be given a new lease of life (and I don't mean a little filler and a can of spray from Halfords to off load it to some unassuming buyer).
I am going to replace the wheel arches on my 88 mk1, I don't want to have to buy Toyota ones, in fact I'm trying to minimse the cost accross the board to see how little it can cost to repair a "sad mk1" and get it back into a good road worthy condition, I'm taking pics along the way to do a "how to".
I have heard that mazda 323 arches (from a certain year) are a good fit but can someone definitively give me info from their experience. I don't mind some simple and minor alterations to make them fit but don't want to be re-fabricating too much.
Thanks
Phil[/code]
mr2micablue

Re: which non-mk1 wheel arches fit the mk1?

Post by mr2micablue »

Hi the nova mk1 rear fit not sure if it was the 2 door or 4 door model . I got that from my mate jimmy who is a body man and owner of a mk1 as he fitted them to his car , and is a member of the nw group. I hope this is some help to you . Mark
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

mr2micablue wrote:Hi the nova mk1 rear fit not sure if it was the 2 door or 4 door model . I got that from my mate jimmy who is a body man and owner of a mk1 as he fitted them to his car , and is a member of the nw group. I hope this is some help to you . Mark

the 3 door ones are box type arches, so it must be the 5 door ones.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
sthomson1

Post by sthomson1 »

datsun cherry N12 (3 door) arches fit.
£12 each fron CV panels in Glasgow.
RichardMorgan

Post by RichardMorgan »

I paid £11 for a Datsun Cherry arch for my red NA around 6 years ago. Richard Morgan

Just noticed, this is my 50th post :roll: - soon be overtaking Lauren's 5,010!
phild

Post by phild »

Thanks people
I have ordered the cherry wheel arches, £13 each side + vat
so next job is to measure up, do a bit of fettling (I expect) and get welding.
Looking forwards to seeing some improvement cos' the car looks a bit sad in pieces at the moment :?
Still, once you get past the obvious rust, it really isn't as bad as I had expected.
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

Good stuff mate. See if you can do some before and after and during pics as this info is always useful to mk1 owners. :wink:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”