www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [NA] Stereo not receiving power

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob6539
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [NA] Stereo not receiving power Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi

I've bought a 3sge and the stereo doesn't work. The old owner has obviously had an aftermarket stereo fitted, so I've been left with the dodgy wiring.

I've connected the wiring up, as of a stereo wiring diagram, but it is not receiving any power (constant or ignition). The car has sub's behind the seats, so I'm assuming it also has an amp and that this amp will feed power to the stereo.

My problem is, I can't find where the amp is hiding!

Please help!

Thanks
gerbil1028
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 10

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Did u have stereo bolted in as earths it. Or plug Ariel in as that also earths it then check for power
Peter Gidden - SBITS
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 18

2002 Noble M500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: [Mk2] [NA] Stereo not receiving power Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

rob6539 wrote:
My problem is, I can't find where the amp is hiding!

OEM amps are behind the trim panel below the N/S 1/4 light.
Brighton National Speed Trials Class Record Holder 2010 on
keiith9849

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I had a problem f the installer having used the bolt-in cage as the earth. Maybe run a new secure earth wire and work from there. Eating t the amp or the aerial is not the way to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: