[Mk2] [Generic] Aerial Won't Earth!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike

[Mk2] [Generic] Aerial Won't Earth!

Post by Mike »

So back in December I decided to replace my broken aerial mast, in the process I unscrewed the aerial housing from the bracket which I now understand provides an earthing point and surprise surprise I now can't get it to earth so I have no stereo.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I've tightened it up nice and secure, at best I get power but then it's lost as soon as the car goes over a bump. Is there a knack to this? So frustrated, I've got a 3hour drive ahead of me tonight listening to a droning Nur Spec!
rev3gtturbo

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Aerial Won't Earth!

Post by rev3gtturbo »

I have tried a few aerial units recently.

Fitting is straightforward provided the aerial is centred in the wing bodywork hole with the rubber grommet in place and that top fixing is tightened fully before the frame bolt near the inner arch.

That secures the whole aerial unit to the car so nothing should move with road bumps.

Check you have plugged the car loom into the aerial connector properly as moving over road bumps should not remove its power. Check no dirt in the connector. Also check the connectors to the relay and the aerial motor are connected properly at the same time.

Dont forget the rubber tube at the bottom of the aerial unit needs to go into the drain hole in the boot floor.

Return to “ICE and Security”