roadster???

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jonnie m

roadster???

Post by jonnie m »

hi. may of at last found a mk3 but would like to know of the best way of lowering one,just springs? full set coilovers? as I have heard the handling is put out on a mk 3 by doing this. also if its lowered how big to go wheel wise without messing things up as I don't want it too ride to hard or too springy. just want too improve its handling & poise. info appreciated!
vinp182

Re: roadster???

Post by vinp182 »

30mm springs with standard shocks and standard wheels is pretty awesome IMO

I run koni adjustable shocks with koni 40mm springs and 17" wheels which is also great (and looks better IMO) but not as good handling wise as above

Mine
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

BG coilovers on all race series MK3s....improves the handling IMHO but it is a much firmer ride. They stay on the standard wheels though, so post above is probably your best bet for changing both.
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Yeah BC's massively improve the handling but compromise the comfort as Toni says

But again it looks great :D

jonnie m

mk3

Post by jonnie m »

vinp182 wrote:30mm springs with standard shocks and standard wheels is pretty awesome IMO

I run koni adjustable shocks with koni 40mm springs and 17" wheels which is also great (and looks better IMO) but not as good handling wise as above

Mine
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190 ... 405_n3.jpg
thanks for the help people & the black mk3 was the first one I looked at & thought maybe I do like?!
RST

Post by RST »

I loved BC coilovers on mine. I had 16" wheels, just a little drop over std. I always find BC's (over several cars) are not much harder than stock springs -so long as the drop isn't too much. Sometimes they've been a bitter compromise going coilovers! They are so compliant.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”