[Mk2] [Generic] Wilhelm Race Works Suspension Geometry Adjustment Kit Group Buy

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Alex W

[Mk2] [Generic] Wilhelm Race Works Suspension Geometry Adjustment Kit Group Buy

Post by Alex W »

Since I have had a fair amount of interest from this forum in the past on my suspension geometry kits, I wanted to announce that another group buy is in progress over on MR2OC.com and MR2.com.

Copy/paste either of the links below for details.

www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=487258
www.mr2.com/forums/threads/97260

Thanks for looking,
-Alex
Wilhelm Race Works LLC
Last edited by Alex W on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobhatton

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wilhelm Race Works Suspension Geometry Adjustment Kit Group Buy

Post by bobhatton »

This is a great kit, should be fitted on every MR2 if you want the best handling car.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Alex W

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wilhelm Race Works Suspension Geometry Adjustment Kit Group Buy

Post by Alex W »

Thanks Bob! :thumleft:
jon

Post by jon »

How much would shipping to the UK be?
Ste2

Post by Ste2 »

can any one post pics on here please? cant view them elsewhere.

also, I have coilovers & fully polybushed suspension - does this kit offer any additional benefit?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

id be interested to know what is and isnt needed in this kit if running adjustable top mounts and caster bolts (up front).

?
ashley

Post by ashley »

I think you'll still want the whole kit Jim :thumleft:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

This looks real nice, I actualy had TTTs old RCA/bumpsteer elimination kit on my old car and it made a huge difference.

This looks even more comprehensive, the only thing that stops me from wanting this is all the unprotected rose joints.

I guess its ok for all the people who tuck their cars away as soon as they start salting the roads.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Picture of my kit, this one has two sets of rear tie rods (one set for a rev1 subframe, and the other for the later subframes- I'm planning to try both and see which I prefer)

ashley wrote:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Stop tempting me!
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Do you run your car in the winter?
ashley

Post by ashley »

Not at the moment, but tbh I won't be driving it on salted roads once it's running anyway....more a summer toy :thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

ashley wrote:Not at the moment, but tbh I won't be driving it on salted roads once it's running anyway....more a summer toy :thumleft:

It's being pushed around at the moment isn't it? :whistle: :mrgreen:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Magic Beans wrote:
It's being pushed around at the moment isn't it? :whistle: :mrgreen:

Cheeky!!

It's currently on a lift in the workshop, no interior, wiring or engine...but we are making progress :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

how much roughly we talking ashley total to get that kit over here in uk?

id be interested to know if this is a track only option, as our roads over here are pretty horrible, is a setup like this likely to be a nightmare on our roads?

there is also additional costs of getting the geo professionally setup by the likes of WIM also afterwards?
ashley

Post by ashley »

$540 full kit
$45 - $55 International postage (assuming $45 postage and $10 insurance)

Import duty and VAT £87.74

Total landed cost = £450

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-impor ... 186932158/

You will need to set your geometry up afterwards, and possibly more than once as you play with the added adjustability you'll now have (so it would be helpful if you are able to do this at home, even if roughly before a final alignment with the laser tools). I wouldn't say it's a track only option, but you'll certainly reap the benefits more in full on cornering :thumleft:
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Wow, sounds like you guys have answered most of the questions for me.

Regarding Ste2's question:
This kit is a benefit to any car that has been lowered at least an inch, regardless of if that be by coilovers, struts/springs, or any other suspension mods. Without going too technical, lowering has a negative effect on the suspension geometry, which this kit fixes and improves on.

jimGTS:
As mentioned above, basically if your car is lowered the kit will help, other mods don't really add or detract from it's effectiveness.

Regarding geometry setup, the intent is that there is some additional adjustment available, but that it *shouldn't* be needed for most people. I have tried to pre-set everything to be as close to optimal as possible. Beyond that, the main thing that is needed is just a good alignment. Regarding bump steer, it's actually not too hard to build a simple bump steer gauge and check it yourself.

mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=455693
mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=452807

However, for most people, installing per the instructions and getting an alignment should be enough.

Track only? Technically that is what I recommend it for, but that is mostly a liability thing (sort of standard aftermarket parts disclaimer). In terms of benefits, it will benefit handling anywhere, but it is really intended for cars that will be pushed to the limit on the track.

Race Idiot:
There are products available to protect rod ends (rose joints). Some are of a full boot design, some are a more simplified face seal. I have experimented with them a little, but wasn't impressed, at least not with the ones I tried. The boots are quite difficult to install, and don't seem to hold up too well either. The face seals are easy to use, but it's hard to say how effective they really are. They wouldn't work on the front either. Unfortunately, for a street car the added maintenance of looking after rod ends is the biggest downside to this kit.
Donato

Post by Donato »

Moved to the group buys section.
Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Thanks.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”