Spike and Taz debut ride out, chasing blue sky :) this will be pic heavy

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

pistol pete

Spike and Taz debut ride out, chasing blue sky :) this will be pic heavy

Post by pistol pete »

Hi all
Now PKmr2 has his rev 3 turbo
Pete and I always used to have mr2s at the same time and we always had to name them.. now my mk1.5 never had a name
And after JAE Pete really wanted back into the mr2 scene after quite a few years away after selling his mk1 sc (called Burt) his mk1 before was called Minxy

After the drive to Jae and back Pete soon came up with the name Taz for my 1.5 due to the way it sounded like the taz devil cartoon
so trying to decide what to call his new rev3 is always a challenge... soon it came clear..
the exhaust reminded me a a pair of bulldogs.. errr bits hanging from the back, and soon ended up with the name Spike the bulldog from tom and jerry

Anyways on sunday after a quick steering wheel change in the morning,and fitting new wheels to Kels/Jacks mk1(user on here - herecomestrouble)
we thought we would go for a ride out all 3 of us
me in Mk1.5
Pete red rev3 turbo
kel/jacks mk1 na

and as soon as we picked up fuel.. boooom down came the rain, after 5 mins of the cars driving fine and no problesm.. it was just time to go back home, it was just too wet to enjoy..

When we got home the blue sky came out, we left it about an hour. fitted taz to the back of my car (Pete k has them pics to put up)
Me and Pete went back out for a ride.. obv taking easy due to roads being wet, but a bit of trail by fire for pete to learn his MR2
It was raigin in some areas, we decided just to follow the blue sky..

it was a great drive out, very similar but very different cars. the noise we both made going past a tall building was fantastic hearing Petes dumpvalve fluttering away
a bit of hoonage in 1st and 2nd gear, the joys of a LSD, but generally just taking it easy and having a nice ride out..

we stopped and took loads of pics, sorry, but here they are...
use the arty-farty filter on the iphone to see how they come out..

1st stop was at camber..

Then we started towards rye.. and saw the blue sky had moved behind us,, so turned around, ended up at an industrial estate. when my car was last there at this location it was a 4age :),
Pete had a little play in his, and i managed to do my first "launch" in the mk1.5 and its bonkers
took some photos again, sorry

There will be plenty of rides out in the future.
I am sure that included will be
Ben edwards in his SC SE ( i am sure after track day and a few runs he will have a big pulley)
Kels/Jacks in her mk1, which they want a sc in
hopefullly get my mate in his cossie out again..

I will just keep this tread going adjusting the title as to what we have done, will be another good was sof seeing the evolution of the cars, as i am sure they will all slowly change a bit :)

thanks for reading if you managed to get this far down the page well done.. keep an eye on this
pkmr2

Re: Spike and Taz debut ride out, chasing blue sky :) this will be pic heavy

Post by pkmr2 »

Here is a pic of Taz hanging from the back of Pete's car :D

pkmr2

Re: Spike and Taz debut ride out, chasing blue sky :) this will be pic heavy

Post by pkmr2 »

Had a great ride out today with Pistol Pete and Here comes trouble

Return to “Driving Experiences”