Standard post facelift tyre sizes please....

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

HighwayStar

Standard post facelift tyre sizes please....

Post by HighwayStar »

As above really.
15" fronts and 16" rears on the g/fs '05 'Red' roadster and I noticed yesterday she only has about 2.5mm of tread left on the fronts whilst the rears were replaced only about a year ago and have loads left. With winter weather approaching I thought it prudent to get some fresh rubber on there. Oddly though they're both Yokohama Advan A043s the current fronts are only 165/55/15s.
Surely that isn't right? Is there really a 40mm stagger front to back? I'm sure the rears are (and indeed should be) a 205/?/16.

Many thanks

R.
Ekona

Re: Standard post facelift tyre sizes please....

Post by Ekona »

Should be 185 on the front, and 215/45 on the rear. Check the manual, it's all in there. :)
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Thank you my friend. I didn't have the manual to hand when I posted and just wanted confirmation the fronts were wrong since I had been tasked with ordering new rubber. Glad I held fire.
At least I know now why there is a little too much understeer when pushing on and why the steering is quite so light. I believe the g/f got the last set from Kwik-Fit and if I can find the old invoice and confirm this I might be going along to have a word. Must check the rears again.....

Cheers

R
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Thank you my friend. I didn't have the manual to hand when I posted and just wanted confirmation the fronts were wrong since I had been tasked with ordering new rubber. Glad I held fire.
At least I know now why there is a little too much understeer when pushing on and why the steering is quite so light. I believe the g/f got the last set from Kwik-Fit and if I can find the old invoice and confirm this I might be going along to have a word. Must check the rears again.....

Cheers

R
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

No probs :)

I can imagine the understeer would've been quite horrific with 165 on the front :shock:

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”