CAN I USE FIESTA ARCHES ON MY MK1?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RichardMorgan

CAN I USE FIESTA ARCHES ON MY MK1?

Post by RichardMorgan »

I've just bought a red MK1 MR2 with a lot of corrosion at the rear arches / sills.
I've been told by a panel shop that MK1 Fiesta arches can be fitted to this
car, do you know anyone who has tried this ?
Regards
Steven Thomson [email protected]
Posted by Richard morgan
spudgun

Re: CAN I USE FIESTA ARCHES ON MY MK1?

Post by spudgun »

Wouldn't use them out of choice Richard. N12 Datsun Cherry or a corrola of similar age to the 2 would be the ones you really want. You can thank Mr Woods for that little snipet.
alfiembra

Post by alfiembra »

I've just had the rear arches replaced on mine, I bought panels from http://www.toyota-heaven.de/1106100.htm theres a link to them on the club web site.
I got both sides including the postage from Germany for about £50.00, compare that to the price of one repair panel from Eurosport.
As it states on the site these are not an exact fit but the actual arch section is a good match, the guy that runs the site is called Peter Sohngen he speaks quite good english and is really helpful.
I got them fitted at a local bodyshop and the guy their thought the panels were a good quality and a slightly heavier gauge than normal.

On the same subject or rear wheel arch repairs, does anyone know if the front wing wheel arches from the mk1 could be cannibalised to repair the rear. My front wings are rotten at the joint with the front valance but in ok nick around the wheel arch? Just a thought!!!
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

I have seen the arches done with fiesta ones and if your on a tight budget then they make a reasonable repair
tunna_uk

Post by tunna_uk »

another option is to use Mazda 323 arches 1988-1990 year, mine cost about £8 each from a panal company. They are a very close match, see my pictures.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”