What speaker sizes

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ldavies83

What speaker sizes

Post by ldavies83 »

What size speakers should I be looking for if I want to replacement the Factory fitted OEM speakers? I'm not looking for outstanding clarity, so ones that fit into existing slots without modification would be perfect for me.
kaiowas

Re: What speaker sizes

Post by kaiowas »

I believe it's 4" in the front and 3.5" in the back.
RichardMorgan

What speaker sizes

Post by RichardMorgan »

What size speakers should I be looking for if I want to replacement the Factory fitted OEM speakers? I'm not looking for outstanding clarity, so ones that fit into existing slots without modification would be perfect for me.

Can't find the ones I removed from my SC to measure them, but if you prise off one of the dash grilles you can measure them and the locating tabs. This doesn't work on the rear ones but I thought that they were the same size. Richard Morgan
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

kaiowas wrote:I believe it's 4" in the front and 3.5" in the back.

Thanks Kaiowas, sounds about right
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

RichardMorgan wrote:

Can't find the ones I removed from my SC to measure them, but if you prise off one of the dash grilles you can measure them and the locating tabs. This doesn't work on the rear ones but I thought that they were the same size. Richard Morgan

Yeah but I'm doing the "board at work" thing, cars at home with a front bumper missing so I cant check :lol: :lol:
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

kaiowas wrote:I believe it's 4" in the front and 3.5" in the back.

BTW, I like your car, very nice!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”