www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Kitcar Project - MR2 the Donor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mad
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 20

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

killerferret666 wrote:
latest bits have been;

* Change of clutch on driveway - NEVER AGAIN!!!
* Change of coilovers to Meister R from BC racing - much better ride!
* laser cut badge for the front

Did 200mile+ journey in it to brooklands supercar day. Car ran fine, although I lost boost on the way home and found the actuator arm had come off the wastegate so could be a missing retainer clip, all back on now.

Looks like im finally getting there in terms of a reliable normal car - 900 miles now complete.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i.imgur.com/XZwffsWh.png[/url]

Reattach actuator ... that is a mega pain [Brick wall]
killerferret666
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

2mad wrote:
killerferret666 wrote:
latest bits have been;

Did 200mile+ journey in it to brooklands supercar day. Car ran fine, although I lost boost on the way home and found the actuator arm had come off the wastegate so could be a missing retainer clip, all back on now.

Looks like im finally getting there in terms of a reliable normal car - 900 miles now complete.

took less then 5minutes for me.

took off hose attached to boost controller, pumped it with hand pump and stuck it back over the pin and replaced retained clip.

With no firewalls anywhere I could get my hands in from the sides and the rear with no issues.

http://miamigt4kitcar.blogspot.co.uk/

twitter for photo's as I'm building -
www.twitter.com/iwanabeaferret
2mad
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

killerferret666 wrote:
2mad wrote:
killerferret666 wrote:
latest bits have been;

took less then 5minutes for me.

took off hose attached to boost controller, pumped it with hand pump and stuck it back over the pin and replaced retained clip.

With no firewalls anywhere I could get my hands in from the sides and the rear with no issues.

Thats exactly how i did it .. explaining my procedure , thats another matter ... well done mate [thumleft] .. so jelly of your car [afro]
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Got a good location for some video so ive tried my hand at a bit of editing and some talking. [Very Happy]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDX-i-_Vdqg
2mad
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great vid .. nice narration .. yeah upgrade the rear lights to led (like the rouge rev6 rears) apart from that wow such a beautiful car , you should be so proud mate [thumleft] well done [Very Happy] [Mr. Green]
Magic Beans
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1998 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Fantastic work! A huge amount of effort, but the results speak for themselves [Applause]
GeoffC320

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Just read the kit car magazine article! Fantastic job and great write-up.

Well done!
craig
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 141

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well done mate, car looks great! [Applause]

I never thought about hydro-dipping my wheels. Hmmmm, carbon fibre Enkei RP01. May be what they get done next time round..... [Think] [Cool]
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

GeoffC320 wrote:
Just read the kit car magazine article! Fantastic job and great write-up.

Well done!

Thanks, they did steal 100bhp off the actual bhp when they put 190bhp [Very Happy]
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

thought I'd post that I'd been updating rear lights, trying to make it more modern.

2mad
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

killerferret666 wrote:
thought I'd post that I'd been updating rear lights, trying to make it more modern.

Thets exacttly what i was saying .. felt a dc1k pointing it out. looks mega mate [thumleft]
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Think DDR has nailed the styling with latest build.

2mad
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

killerferret666 wrote:
Think DDR has nailed the styling with latest build.

Damn that is sexy [thumleft]
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So I will use this interior over this summer and go from there, I need to decide on where i'm going to have the air vents as well. Once that's done this type of thing needs a professional upholsterer to do the work to look good. I think the material im using is poor, scags so easily and wasnt that cheap. so next winter ill get it done properly when I know im happy with the position of everything. But I feel it's an improvement.

The interior isn't finished yet but some pics, first of all before;

After:

killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Managed to get back out on the road and everything worked as expected after so much fiddling. The only bit was the exhaust tip wont stay on so ill have to come up with a solution for that.

2mad
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

killerferret666 wrote:
Managed to get back out on the road and everything worked as expected after so much fiddling. The only bit was the exhaust tip wont stay on so ill have to come up with a solution for that.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i.imgur.com/aPUtxE5h.jpg[/url]

Glad to see its still going strong [thumleft]
Gullzter
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 36

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Any updates on this?
[Laughing]
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Gullzter wrote:
Any updates on this?
[Laughing]

Missed this post! Basically used the car all Sumemr which is good, covered over 2000 miles so plenty of miles on it.

Ive just pulled all the dashboard out again to add dashboard vents and other bits and pieces to it and then will have it flocked as I think its the best thing to do with this dashboard.

I've also sealed up some small bodywork to chassis holes with silicone just to help keep the noise down a bit more. every little bit helps and all that!

Once Ive finished the dashboard and thats all back in, Im back on to modernising the rear of the car somehow.

I also keep flirting with forged engines but I dont know enough on them to build my own so think id have to buy one thats already been running etc...
shane34

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Good to see you have had some fun, what this thing weigh?
killerferret666
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

shane34 wrote:
Good to see you have had some fun, what this thing weigh?

It weights just over a ton. But it could easily have a fair amount of weight stripped out of it as I added a lot of sound deadening and creature comforts like a heavy air on unit which I haven't even bother plumbing in [Very Happy]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: