A big thankyou to IMOC at JAE

Japanese Auto Extravaganza

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

wilki

A big thankyou to IMOC at JAE

Post by wilki »

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to everyone from IMOC that was at JAE this year. Me and my friends who were first time IMOC'ers were made to feel really welcome :hug:

Had a great time with some great people and cars...the hog roast was fair epic aswell :thumleft:

Look forward to next year :D
Big_Martin

Re: A big thankyou to IMOC at JAE

Post by Big_Martin »

I totally agree with Chris. What a fantastic experience from start to finish! Thanks to all the members who made us feel so welcome and for generating a great atmosphere, and a big thanks to everyone involved in the organisation for all their hard work :clap: :clap: :clap:
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

Have to agree with my lad really welcoming and no cross club barriers.

The hog roast was brilliant, all nice peeps, sorry cant remember the German gentlemans name we were chatting to but, what a nice chap, And thanks for the nice comments about wilkis and my car
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

wilkie senior wrote:Have to agree with my lad really welcoming and no cross club barriers.

The hog roast was brilliant, all nice peeps, sorry cant remember the German gentlemans name we were chatting to but, what a nice chap, And thanks for the nice comments about wilkis and my car

They simply answer to "ze Germans"!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

Many thanks to you all for some amazing hospitality and entertainment causing me to spend more time on your stand than my own. Says it all.
Thanks again.
craig

Post by craig »

Fantastic weekend, Weather didn't disappoint!

Great to meet up with old mates and meet new members.

Big thanks to everyone on the Committee for making it so despite "up to the wire" planning :mrgreen:

Roll on JAE 2013! \:D/
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Sounds like a good time was had by all! And even the weather was good as well. Looking forward to seeing some of the pics!

This is the main event of the show year for IMOC, and it's about you, the members, to meet others, show your pride and joy off, have a good beer, and a chance for us committee and moderators to say thanks for your support.
Long may it continue, JAE 2013 will be epic as well.

:thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

I'd like to express my thanks to Malcolm (tiamat), for approaching us and making us welcome as we were browsing the cars.

Considering we weren't with imoc, he said we were welcome to use the clubs facilities, which was very kind :thumleft:

Its also the first time I've seen a gt86 in the flesh, and I have to say, I like it :) the interior is gorgeous :D
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I think Alex should have been sponsored by Toyota the amount of interest and passenger rides he gave, lol!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Big thanks to everyone who came, without you the club is nothing and your consistent support, positive comments and the fact you consistently come back again and appear to enjoy yourselves is what makes the club what it was.

Special thanks to all who helped set up, even those who were not there and did work behind the scenes (Scott Barton) and to those who helped take everything down again (Si, Mish Mash, Limey, Rayman, Mayo, Felix, Nil, Phil & Kartoffelkopf (Adrienne), Lauren, Mark, John and Emma and anyone else whos name I have missed out - for which I apologise).

Great to see some new faces, Wilki, Wilki Senior, Big Martin and RickmcRick, Whitworth Mike, Dan and Naomi, Phil and Kartoffelkopf (Adrienne), Garry, Gary, Alex (he thinks), Ms Blackpool and Rog, and all the others who dropped by during the day.

Also great to see old faces back again, JAE is never the same without the Horrocks xxxxx being whipped out for some form of entertainment, Mario, Peter, Felix, Nil, Craig, Becky, Mel, Pete, Roger, Ben, Chris, other Chris, Alex, Lauren, Mark, Toni, Tom (camp next year) BenF, Chrispy, Cheryl, Bill Hume (who has never taken it up the ring) and everyone else.

Also thanks to those who donated to the cause with Xbox, Controllers and music when mine became "too heavy". Without you the club is just an empty marquee in a field and not a home for the weekend.

If I miss anyone out its not intentional, I apologise, I am knackered after only about 16 or so hours sleep since Wednesday morning and the drive home. A little emotional too after saying goodbye to friends again.

Thank you all. :thumleft:

I look forward to seeing all of you next year \:D/
Last edited by Tiamat on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Well said Malc. An absolutely awesome weekend, thanks to everyone who helped out and made it all such a laugh. Pics will be coming soon... :)
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Awesome weekend! Great people, great cars, great weather :thumleft:

It was good to finally put some faces to names and as JAE newbies we were made to feel welcome and part of the family.

A big thanks to all at IMOC for your hard work, you did us proud. We look forward to doing it all again next year :D

Phil & Kartoffelkopf (Adrienne)

P.S. Love the mug, very much appreciated :D
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Haha! I was reading through Malc's (very good!) post & was working out who's username was kartoffelkopf but then it twigged when Mr Bean replied! Genius! They're neighbours!

As others have said, another great year with great people, old and new!
Thanks again for all the planning & organising, it's greatly appreciated.

Just need to dig the after sun out now!!!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Steve Horrocks wrote:They're neighbours!

She really should have had more of a hangover than she did today :lol:
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Steve Horrocks wrote:Just need to dig the after sun out now!!!

Judging by how hot I was last night and the puking, I appear to have heatstroke from JAE! Next year its more water and less beer!!
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
wilki

Post by wilki »

Tiamat wrote:
Steve Horrocks wrote:Just need to dig the after sun out now!!!

Judging by how hot I was last night and the puking, I appear to have heatstroke from JAE! Next year its more water and less beer!!

:lol: No use lying to yourself, you will drink just as well next year :lol:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Another enjoyable JAE, I spoke to most IMOC'ers but not all, apologies if I missed you. I seem to chat to loads of people but then forget to actually ask what their name/username is :oops:
I shot off early Sunday as had to pick someone up from the airport, but needed to get home first and get my passenger seat back in!

Thanks to all the behind the scenes organisers, Scott, Lauren, Chris and of course Malcolm, who I must say was on fire this year with his hospitality skills, you're a great advert for IMOC mate.

Tasty bit of pig as well.

Thanks also to Ben and Pete for their assistance judging the 'best turned out Mkiv Supra'

Lovely to see friends from far and wide again as always.

So.. where are all the pictures?!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

A few of ours

Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

I love my new Woodsport (Buddy club rep) front lip

Amazing how much junk you can fit in a Mk1:

If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Was nice to chat to a few of you's. I seemed to be busier than normal this year so didn't really get over to chat to as many people as I'd have liked to, you had a really nice stand though :D

Return to “JAE 2012”