Club donations???

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KarlBristol

Club donations???

Post by KarlBristol »

I know we all pay membership costs in order to keep the forum running but I personally would like to see this communiy progress and grow.

I was wondering if it had been considered to link a "Club Donations" button at the top of the page in the toolbar section?

The money raised through this could go to IMOC advertising (new banners etc... for meets such as JAE) and the development and progression of the website etc... It would just be nice to see the forum grow and improve :D

Personally I would donate to the club on top of my membership :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Club donations???

Post by toxo »

We are a non profit organisation, so any money we receive (premium membership fees, affiliate fees etc) HAS to be spent on the club. This is how we are able to lay on so much stuff for our members at events like JAE, without charging any extra to you. JAE tickets for example cost US £25 to buy, so you are getting the marquee, furniture, lighting, generator, hog roast etc all from the money that's been paid to the club from membership fees, NOT from ticket sales. Some clubs charge £35+ for JAE tickets so they can cover their costs, because they're not run as well as IMOC-UK. On top of that we've got things like the cost of renting the server (a complete server, not virtual space) and our liability insurance, etc etc. Some clubs charge £25 a year for membership for the same reason.

If you sent us more money we'd have to find more creative ways of spending it! We don't do enough events at the moment for sure, but you're an IMOC Organiser ;) Donate your time rather than money?

There are fewer MR2s on the roads every year and therefore fewer premium members and fewer customers for our affiliates, so we may have to re-evaluate in the future (we've already started discussing that)! Thanks for the thought, though :hug:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!

Return to “Club News and Announcements”