8th Official SW20 Big Brake Adapter Kit Group Buy!!

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cantfindausername

8th Official SW20 Big Brake Adapter Kit Group Buy!!

Post by cantfindausername »

Another Group Buy has been requested, so setting this up to start getting names down for any and all of those that are interested in the Big Brake Adapters.

This is the 8th Official Group Buy Thread for the Big Disc Conversion kit that I've designed to run with the Rev2+ brake calipers.

Please ensure that you read, and acknowledge back to me that you have read and agree to the disclaimer, if you decide you would like to be included in the Group Buy. This disclaimer will also apply when goods are received by you. If you do not acknowledge your agreement you will not be included in the Group Buy.

Below is some information on the Big Disc Conversion kit:

- The Adapters will be CNC Machined from 6061 Billet Aluminium.
- The Adapters will then be Hard Anodised.
- Once the Adapters are complete, the kit will be sent out to those who have purchased. (Non UK address see notes below).
- The full kit will comprise of:
2 x Front Brackets.
2 x Rear Brackets.
2 x Rear Disc Centering Rings.
Required Mounting Hardware.

If you don't require the whole kit you must clearly indicate this. Please state whether you require FRONT ONLY, REAR ONLY or FULL KIT.

I will leave this Group Buy open until the required number of names has been collected. The minimum being 5 sets. Once all names are in I will contact you for a Delivery Address, and to arrange payment of the kit. All money will need to be received before the order is placed. I will keep participants up to date as production progresses.

Prices for the kits are:

FULL KIT : £190
FRONT ONLY : £100
REAR ONLY : £110

Please Note: Group Buy Prices quoted are for UK Next Day Delivery only.

Non UK delivery will be quoted per enquiry. For this I will need the full address and a contact telephone number.

Deliveries will be Tracked & Insured where possible although this may incur additional costs for non UK deliveries.

To complete the Big Brake Conversion you will need to source the following:
1 Pair of Toyota Supra Twin Turbo "UK Spec" Front Discs (324mm) - use 1995 for part search - Guide Price: £149.50
1 Pair of Mazda RX8 "Sport" Front Discs (324mm) - use 2005 for part search - Guide Price: £112.65
Note: Some Motor Factors list them as 323mm discs and you will probably be able to find them cheaper if you know where to look.

Disclaimer:
Any problems with parts and fittings purchased and received will belong to the individuals participating in the Group Buy.
No liability is placed on me, Anthony Onions or the Manufacturing Company, CC Precision Engineering.
This modification has been designed for, and is in use on my own car. The kit has not been, and will not be road tested prior to the purchase of the parts, fixtures and fitting so any liability of any kind will be the responsibility of the individual purchaser. Any adjustments required will also be the responsibility of the purchaser.
Details of my MR2 can be found on my website, dated 29/10/10.

My observations for which I am not liable:
A very small clean up of casting marks on the Caliper mounting points may be required.
The Rear Caliper Mounting points require modifying to fit the Adapters.
The Dust Shields will need to be trimmed or manipulated to allow fitting of the Discs.

Please reply to this topic with: "Username - Required Kit - Disclaimer Read & Agreed"

Thanks,
Ant

Here is the kit that you would receive:

Useful links:
Fitting them to my own car

Original Big Disc Conversion discussion thread.

1st Group Buy thread.

2nd Group Buy thread.

3rd Group Buy thread.

4th Group Buy thread.

5th Group Buy thread.

6th Group Buy thread.

7th Group Buy thread.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
h180eeu

Re: 8th Official SW20 Big Brake Adapter Kit Group Buy!!

Post by h180eeu »

H180EEU - Rear Kit only - Disclaimer Read & Agreed

Thanks

Andy
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

Super_red full set, disclaimer read and agreed.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Appreciate this post may be considered spam & unwanted, but it would be useful to know the minimum alloy size that will accept this modification.
Samppa86

Post by Samppa86 »

Samppa86 - Full kit - Disclaimer Read & Agreed
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

synXero wrote:Appreciate this post may be considered spam & unwanted, but it would be useful to know the minimum alloy size that will accept this modification.

Not spam at all, and a point worth considering. Having said that however, it's a hard to call to make for certain. It all depends on the design of the wheel. On my 17's they clear ok, but not by a whole lot on the rear, maybe only 5-6-7mm or so.

The basic rule that we've (owners who have fitted the kit) is that 17's will be fine, but 16's will be a very close run thing, even on the "best" design of wheel.
synXero

Post by synXero »

I fancy one of these, but don't know why the images are all broken and this is so dead...

I see he now has an Evo and has sacked his website. Is it likely that another of these buys will go ahead?
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

oops
Last edited by jasongtr on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT4Ever

Post by GT4Ever »

As promissed some pictures of my MR2 fitted with Ant's big brake adapters.

Rosssco

Post by Rosssco »

Has anyone weighted the standard vs. big brake discs with respect to weight? I'd expect the difference is probably less than 1kg per corners (incl. brackets)..

And I realise its somewhat subjective and dependant on many other factors, but I'm presuming those who have fitted have not noticed any significant negative effects in suspension performance due to added unsprung mass (again, unlikely to be noticable on a road car)?
dan4

Post by dan4 »

These look ridiculous, only half the disc is being used #-o
GT4Ever

Post by GT4Ever »

dan4 wrote:These look ridiculous, only half the disc is being used #-o

Yep thats the "bad" thing of it. But it still gives a bit better braking performance than normal, and it looks better than having the small MR2 brake discs behind 18" rims.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

dan4 wrote:These look ridiculous, only half the disc is being used #-o

As you can see the rears look ridiculous on my two :roll:

Seriously tho these are a cracking bit of kit and well worth investing in IMO.
dan4

Post by dan4 »

Yes of course mahoosive rear disc filling very expensive wheels and the smallest caliper that you can just about make out, very nice car why not treat it to some nice calipers :clap: lifestyler
Chris

Post by Chris »

Spoken like a true asshole....

Obviously you know little to fook all about braking. Lifestyler? I assume you believe the above car is all show? Nope. It's a true 500bhp car. #-o

Before you go around with your moronic comments, with no technical merit, maybe do a little research into the product on offer and the reason why they are fitted by the people that buy them.

I often get asked why I no longer frequently offer advise on this forum.

The answer is simply too many know it all's like yourself with the wrong attitude.

Rant over.

Chris.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

dan4 wrote:Yes of course mahoosive rear disc filling very expensive wheels and the smallest caliper that you can just about make out, very nice car why not treat it to some nice calipers :clap: lifestyler

the stock rear caliper has the handbrake mechanism so changing caliper isn't such an easy option.

Also, the pad position actually gives the the setup more braking torque as the height mid point of the pad is closer to the outer edge of the disc thus more torque. Agreed the swept area is only half the disc but since the whole disc acts as a heatsink you still get that benefit in full. If you dont like them, dont buy them.
cmr2payne

Post by cmr2payne »

is this group buy still going ?
MR2 MK2 Rev 1 Turbo
Skyline
TVR Chimarea
GT4Ever

Post by GT4Ever »

raptor95GTS wrote:
dan4 wrote:Yes of course mahoosive rear disc filling very expensive wheels and the smallest caliper that you can just about make out, very nice car why not treat it to some nice calipers :clap: lifestyler

the stock rear caliper has the handbrake mechanism so changing caliper isn't such an easy option.

Also, the pad position actually gives the the setup more braking torque as the height mid point of the pad is closer to the outer edge of the disc thus more torque. Agreed the swept area is only half the disc but since the whole disc acts as a heatsink you still get that benefit in full. If you dont like them, dont buy them.

Yep, and i'm not sure but I think if you replace all the calipers with bigger ones the oem MR2 MBC might not be able to keep up. So besides finding a way to make your handbrakes work (I think it has to work to pass the MOT), you will possibly also need to get another MBC if you want to do it right.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

with my front 996 calipers yes brake travel is slightly longer but tbh it's not an issue. Bigger MBC's are out there for a straight swap over should you wish to go larger :thumleft:
petergee541

Big Brake Kit Group Buy

Post by petergee541 »

Is this group buy still alive?

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”