MK1 MEMBERS - CHECK OUT THE MAIN EVENTS SECTION!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Icsunonove

MK1 MEMBERS - CHECK OUT THE MAIN EVENTS SECTION!

Post by Icsunonove »

Ok, I've been a good boy :tongue: and read the Forum Rules (Didn't want Lauren, Pete or Steve telling me off [-X )

I thought we were supposed to post Events in the main Events Section. If this has changed can someone let me know, 'cos I wanna post up an event.

I'm just wondering whether this is the reason why there hasn't been a good uptake to a couple of really good events. These are:

Tatton Park Classic Car show this weekend (should be brilliant :D - well it was last year anyway)
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15600

Mk1 Santa Pod meet - 25th September. There's only five of us going at the moment, come on people! There's only one other Supercharger going and that's T's with 180hp, so I don't have a cat in hell's chance with 145hp!
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15904

For full details on these see the main events section or click on the links provided above.

Tom
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Re: MK1 MEMBERS - CHECK OUT THE MAIN EVENTS SECTION!

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Icsunonove wrote:Ok, I've been a good boy :tongue: and read the Forum Rules (Didn't want Lauren, Pete or Steve telling me off [-X )

I thought we were supposed to post Events in the main Events Section. If this has changed can someone let me know, 'cos I wanna post up an event.

I'm just wondering whether this is the reason why there hasn't been a good uptake to a couple of really good events. These are:

Tatton Park Classic Car show this weekend (should be brilliant :D - well it was last year anyway)
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15600

Mk1 Santa Pod meet - 25th September. There's only five of us going at the moment, come on people! There's only one other Supercharger going and that's T's with 180hp, so I don't have a cat in hell's chance with 145hp!
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15904

For full details on these see the main events section or click on the links provided above.

Tom

Hi Tom, as far as i know,the events should be advertised on the events page.
Hopefully this will happen as people get used to using this forum!
I suppose they can be advertised here but will get a lot more input by posting it on the the events page.
Even though this is our own forum,it would be great to get other people,who own mk1's and don't know about the mk1 forum,on here!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

All events should be posted on the main events page, that way everyone will look at it.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Please understand I am not moaning, I just wanted clarification. For example on the Mk1 Club forum bit we have such posts as:

"north east sunday meet"

"MR2 MK1 Challenge @ Mallory Park Sunday 14th"

"MR2 Run To The Lakes Sept 18th ALL WELCOME"

"MR2 MK1 NORTH EAST MEETINGS"

"Milton Keynes/Classic car show meet Sunday 7th August"

I am just concerned that the Mk1 owners will assume that all the Mk1 meets will be posted here, whereas in fact some of them are correctly posted in the Events section.

I am just surprised at the low uptake to some of the events listed on the Events section.

Santa Pod for instance. It's not really my scene, but heh, variety is the spice of life! I'm willing to try it once and I may well get hooked!

Tom
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Well if we are going to have inter-club pollination then it would be a better bet for events to be just in the events section as then everyone would go there to look.

Uptake depends upon interest in the event of course. For example a visit to a stately home may not be of interest to many members, whereas Santa pod/MR2 challenge racing etc normally are.

Consider yourself clarified (why did i just think of a story about clarified butter? best not to ask!).

PS:

I'm not going to Santa Pod... bores me to death. ;)
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Lauren, you old stick in the mud!

You enjoyed TOTB, right!

So don't be so boring. Santa Pod is not my scene (and hey I've probably got a few good years on you) but I'm having a go.

To be honest there's no contest though. I'll probably have enough time to do my 1/4 mile run, stop, reverse and then tow Toni over the line to improve her time! :lol:
RichardMorgan

MK1 CLUB EVENTS PAGE

Post by RichardMorgan »

See the MR2 MK1 Club Events page at http://www.mr2mk1club.com/clubevs.html Richard Morgan
Help - how do I make this into a link?

Edit: you had a space between the last letter of the link and the square bracket. should work now! (Lauren)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Richard - by typing it in you have made it a link, people just need to click on it. If you want a sticky at the top of this section with important links to the MK1 Club website we can sort that for you.

Tom - you are so dead next time we meet...hahahahahaaa
:wink:
T
RichardMorgan

Post by RichardMorgan »

Thanks Lauren and Toni for the guidance. :whistle:
Do I want a “sticky”? I’m not sure, do I need any particular piece of equipment? Can I buy it locally? How rude is it? My Dad used to tell me what happened when this woman he met suggested a \:D/
Richard Morgan
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

RichardMorgan wrote:Thanks Lauren and Toni for the guidance. :whistle:
Do I want a “sticky”? I’m not sure, do I need any particular piece of equipment? Can I buy it locally? How rude is it? My Dad used to tell me what happened when this woman he met suggested a \:D/
Richard Morgan

[-X Norty Richard, LOL

I just mean I can anchor your important links to the top of this section if need be.

:) T
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

tonigmr2 wrote:
RichardMorgan wrote:Thanks Lauren and Toni for the guidance. :whistle:
Richard Morgan

[-X Norty Richard, LOL

I just mean I can anchor your important links to the top of this section if need be.

:) T

Toni, Best bet is for Richard to contact his MK1 forum mods... ie Pete or Spudgun as this is exactly what they should be doing really.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Or you can ask them :mrgreen:
T
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

he coul just ask me :)
hey richard and lauren did you get my email about the website and have alook?
pete
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

pistol supercharged pete wrote:he coul just ask me :)
hey richard and lauren did you get my email about the website and have alook?
pete

Why not speak to Richard and see what links he wants putting up here. If you use my sticky post with the link for the MK1 website in it then it will save multiple posts.. just edit the title to say:

"MR2 MK1 Club Weblinks"

Yes had a look at the website... the click boxes look better, though they could do with being a little clearer.. perhaps a slightly lighter colour. Or use a different colour for the boxes as red isn't very clear.

One thing i loathe though is the Times new roman font.. you need to lose that. Try arial or tahoma, would look much better i think.

There are some nice touches though like the cam cover etc..
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

cheers lauren will look into it as thats why i wanted some to see it so i know what they think on how to improve it

pete

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”